and everything just stops

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I let go of Inez's hand, the water surrounded me.

I looked around to find Inez a few feet away trying to swim towards me. I swam over to her and grabbed her by the waist and pulled us both to the surface.

"Again, again!" Inez exclaimed, bursting into laughter.

We had just jumped together from the diving board into the pool.

"You just said that was the last time!" I exclaimed.

"Pleaseeee ettie!!" She begged me, using her best puppy eyes and pouting.

"Alright one more time, but that is it young lady!" I told her, trying to hold back my smile but failing.

Just as we were climbing out of the pool, my dad opened the back door and came outside.

"Hey girls!" He exclaimed.

"Hey dad, what's up?"

"We're going to be having company for dinner tonight, so be ready by 5." He told us.

"Oh cool, who is it?" I asked him.

"Oh you'll see.." He said before mischievously laughing and then quickly going back inside.

"Okay then.." I said to myself. It was kind of an odd encounter, but my dad does tend to have a flair for dramatics, so I brushed it off. Last time he acted secretive like that, it was because he had bought cupcakes for dessert. For all I know, the company could just be my grandparents.

Inez and I jumped in one last time (for real this time) before we got out of the pool. I took off her arm floaties and goggles before I dried myself and her off and we went inside. I helped run Inez a bath before my mom came in and took over.

I walked to my room and checked the time. It was almost 3, so I still had plenty of time.

I scrolled on my phone for a bit and then I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower.

After a LONG everything shower, I went back to my room and started blow drying my hair while blasting Taylor Swift and Olivia Rodrigo.

When I started straightening my hair, my mom poked her head in and asked me to clean up my bathroom. She was wearing a short navy dress, which was one of nicer outfits. I thought it was strange because I figured the company would just be family or close friends, but I followed her lead and picked out a summery dress instead of the jean shorts and T-shirt I had originally set out.

Once I finished straightening my hair, I put on my outfit, did some light makeup, and put on some of my staple jewelry pieces to pull the outfit together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
the outift:

(ik this is not everybody's style but you gotta think about her parents style, her age, and the fact that she has been famous and rich her entire life

(ik this is not everybody's style but you gotta think about her parents style, her age, and the fact that she has been famous and rich her entire life. nonetheless, you guys are always welcome to pick out other outfits from Pinterest in the comments :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I quickly went and cleaned up my bathroom and the living room before I went back upstairs. I checked my phone and it now read 4:15.

I walked past our upstairs living room when I saw James playing on the VR.

"Ami they're supposed to be here in 45 minutes and you're not even dressed! Have you even showered yet??"

She lifted the headset to look at me. "...No." she said guiltily.

I sighed.

"Come on you gotta get off, moms gonna start screaming at us if you aren't dressed in the next 10 minutes" I said while taking the headset off her.

"Fineeee." She whined before stomping to her room.

I looked up at the tv that was connected to the headset and saw that SuperHot was paused (a popular shooter game on VR). I checked my phone, 4:30. I still had plenty of time so I put the headset on and logged into my account.

I was on level 43 when I heard the doorbell ring and my mom yelled up to me: "Juliette! Guests are here!"

"I'll be down in a second!" I yelled back, still concentrated on the level.

I was trying to get a new power that was unlocked by reaching level 45 before I got off. Level 44 was notoriously one of the hardest in the game, but I was determined to pass it.

Once I passed level 43, I spawned into level 44. I was surrounded by guards in a cage without a weapon, so I ducked and dodged the bullets until one guard walked towards me and I took his gun and shot the rest.

I then spawned outside of the cage with objects on a table next to me and two guards with shotguns to the sides of me. I threw the objects at one of the guards before stealing his gun and shooting the other. Finally, I was teleported to the roof. This was the last stage.

Two guards without guns ran at me while another guard with a rifle to the side tried to shoot at me. I punched the weaponless guards before I threw something at the guard with the rifle. I stole his gun and turned around to see a helicopter flying towards me. There were 3 guards on the helicopter shooting at me.

As it got closer, I started to shoot the guards. I shot one, then another, then I aimed for the final one. The helicopter was now rapidly approaching.

I aimed and fired at the last guard, but it narrowly missed him. I tried to shoot him again but the gun was out of ammo.

Without a way to stop it, the helicopter collided with me and the screen went black. Moments later, a 'Level Failed' popped up on my screen.

"Wow Jules, you should really work on your aim." Someone said behind me with a laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~