5. mi chica

isabela, alexia, lucy, aitana, asisat and frido all attend the ballon d'or ceremony together, having all been nominated for the ballon d'or feminin award. the group was split up as they went to sit down: alexia, isabela and aitana all sat together while lucy, frido and asisat sat together.

isabela sat on the end of the row with alexia to her left and aitana beside the barcelona captain. alexia and isabela had a hard time keeping their eyes off of eachother during the ceremony. when they had met up earlier in the day, alexia had her breath taken away when she saw isabela.

the blonde looked absolutely gorgeous. she was dressed in a floor length black dress that had a slit going down her thigh, exposing her tanned skin while black sheer gloves covered her hands and forearms. her hair was curled and silver jewellery adorned her neck and ears.

isabela caught alexia's eyes as they all sat boredly, giving the older woman a little smile, which alexia reciprocated.

"you look beautiful," isabela murmured quietly. alexia felt butterflies erupt in her stomach at the comment, a blush rushing to her cheeks.

"thank you," alexia replied softly, "you look gorgeous."

isabela smiled again, placing her hand on top of alexia's, which was resting on the arm of her chair. as she turned to look back at the stage, she missed the way alexia's lips parted and her blush returned, much more obviously, catching aitanas attention.

the brunette sends alexia a teasing look, giggling softly at alexia's blush, "shut up," alexia whispered, looking away from aitana, who continued to watch the pair in amusement.

eventually it came to the point where they would announce the winner of the ballon d'or feminin. alexia's hand tightened around isabela's hand subconsciously as they prepared to announce the winner.

all three of the barcelona players had a very good chance of winning the award but there were a few other players who also had a good shot at winning. for example, isabela's england teammate, beth mead and her former lyon teammates, ada hegerberg and wendie renard.

isabela had won the year before and if she were to win again, she'd be the first woman to win the award twice.

"who is the fifth ballon d'or of history?" a woman speaks before didier drogba opens the envelope, leaning into the microphone to announce the winner of the award.

"the winner is alexia putellas."

the room erupts in applause and alexia smiles widely, as do both isabela and aitana, the pair being extremely proud of their captain. alexia goes to stand but before she does isabela pulls her into a tight hug, pressing a kiss to the woman's cheek, only slightly missing her lips.

"congratulations, la reina," she whispers in her ear, earning a grin from the woman herself before she stands and walks up to the stage.

isabela watches alexia with a smile, feeling genuinely happy for alexia. as much as she wanted to win again, she knew alexia deserved it. she'd worked so hard all season and she'd played amazingly all year. despite her injury, she'd managed to win the most prestigious award in football and isabela was so proud of her.

as isabela watched alexia speak, she came to the realisation that perhaps she did have a thing for the spaniard. she'd been denying it to lucy and mapí for weeks as well as herself but as she looked alexia now, she realised she did have feelings for her.

it scared her, completely terrified her. she had a thing against dating, a thing a lot of people knew about her. ever since her breakup with leah, she'd swore she'd never fall for another girl again. but here she was.

of course her and leah were friends now, but it was never the same as it used to be. after she'd walked in on leah and jordan sleeping together, she'd never trusted another girl fully. scared she'd be cheated on again.

the only person that isabela truly trusted was lucy, and even she didn't know the true depth of what happened between her and leah.

but as she watched alexia now, she knew she was down bad. how she had managed to convince herself otherwise, she didn't know, but now it seemed clear as day to her. she was falling for alexia putellas, hard.

what the hell was she going to do?

﹒⪩⪨﹒

isabelasinclair mi chica <3 i'm so proud of you!💗👤 alexiaputellas liked by leahwilliamsonn, marialeonn16 and 4,628,936 others

👤 alexiaputellas
liked by leahwilliamsonn, marialeonn16 and 4,628,936 others

alexiaputellas ❤️❤️
liked by isabelasinclair

marialeonn16 @lucybronze 👀
lucybronze 👀

user1 i'm convinced they're dating, you can't tell me otherwise

user10 MAPÍ AND LUCYS COMMENTS

user6 beautiful girls😍

user2 la reina y la princesa❤️💙