3. proud of you

isabelasinclair two goals on my debut 💁🏻‍♀️👤 patri8guijarroliked by aitana

👤 patri8guijarro
liked by aitana.bonmati, jordannobbs and 1,629,396 others

lucybronze that's my girl 🤩

marialeonn16 vamos‼️

bethmead queen behaviour tbh x
isabelasinclair i agree

aitana.bonmati 🔥🔥

alexiaputellas proud of you!
isabelasinclair 🤍🤍

leahwilliamsonn show off
isabelasinclair 😝

user1 la princesa de barça ❤️💙

﹒⪩⪨﹒

isabela made her way into the small cafe beside her apartment complex early in the morning before training that day. she was clad in her normal training gear: some black shorts and her barcelona hoodie.

she ordered herself a strawberry and banana smoothie and a pitufo sandwhich. as she finished paying, she turned around and was met with her captain, alexia putellas.

isabela smiled, "buen día, you alright?" she asked softly, suddenly feeling rather nervous in front of the older woman.

alexia gave her a small smile, internally groaning at the reoccurring butterflies that always crept into her stomach whenever she spoke to the english woman.

"hola, i'm good, how are you?" alexia asked quietly, her accent thick as she spoke the blondes native language. isabela thought it was the cutest thing ever.

"i'm pretty tired," isabela chuckled, "i don't know how you lot deal with these early morning trainings."

alexia laughed and went to speak before the worker called out isabela's order. "well i'll see you at training, lex, have a good morning." with that isabela got her drink and food before leaving the cafe.

the spaniard felt even more butterflies swarm in her stomach at the casual use of the nickname isabela used. no one had called her that before. she didn't know if she liked it or not.

alexia ordered her usual coffee before going to sit at a table, pulling her phone out and texting mapí.

necesito tu ayuda, ven al café de flores azules ahora mismo.

as she sent the message, she ran her hand through her bleach blonde hair, resting her chin on her hand as thought of the predicament she had found herself in.

mapí arrived about fifteen minutes later, looking around the cafe for alexia before walking over to the table she was sat at, her expression full of worry for her bestfriend.

"what's wrong? i came as fast as i could," mapí said, sitting in the chair opposite alexia. the captain almost laughed at the state of the girl sat across from her. it was clear mapí had woken up not too long ago if her barely brushed hair and tired eyes were anything to go by.

alexia bit her lip, "i-urm," suddenly she didn't know what to say. she found it almost embarrassing to admit her feelings. mapí was her bestfriend but they very rarely spoke about their feelings and emotions.

mapí rose an eyebrow, "what is it? you can't drag me out of bed and not tell me what was so urgent?"

alexia rolled her eyes, "i- you know isabela?"

"si," maria replied, confusion growing within her at the random mention of their teammate.

"i think- i think i like her..."

maria stayed silent for a moment before a grin cropped up on her face and a laugh bubbled from her throat, "i knew it!"

"¿que?" alexia spoke, furrowing her eyebrows. how could mapí possibly know of her crush on the forward?

maria laughed again, "ale, it's so obvious. well maybe not to everyone else, but i know you. you're always nervous around her, it's so funny."

alexia glared at the defender, clearly not as amused as mapí about the situation, "i don't get nervous!"

mapí hummed, "okay."

alexia groaned, burying her face in her hands, "what am i supposed to do? she was just in here before and i felt like i was gonna throw up!"

"why?" maria asked, studying alexia's terrified expression, finding it beyond hilarious.

"because! she's just so... i don't know! i can't speak to her, at all! i feel like an idiot," the older woman stressed, waving her hands around to get her point across.

"just tell her how you feel," mapí shrugged, watching the way alexia rolled her eyes at the suggestion.

"don't be ridiculous!"

"ale, i don't know what you want me to say. has she given you any signs that she likes you back?" maria asked.

alexia bit her lip, "i don't know. she called me pretty the other day at your party, and she called me 'lex' before but maybe that's just her englishness and she's just being friendly."

"lex?" maria furrowed her eyebrows, "anyway, she's never called me pretty so either she's flirting with you or she thinks i'm ugly."

alexia rolled her eyes again, "you're not helping. the nickname caught me off guard, i must have looked like a right weirdo. and she's so chill all the time, i can't read her at all."

"ale, maybe just casually flirt back and see what happens? if she backs off then she doesn't like you. if she keeps flirting back then tell her how you feel, and if you read the signals wrong it's not the end of the world," mapí explained.

"i'd die of embarrassment if i told her i liked her and she was just being friendly this whole time," alexia said, rubbing a hand over her forehead.

"look, just give her the same energy back. she's very direct, i'm sure she'll end up say something to you first," she shrugged. "but realistically you're not gonna take any of my advice and you're gonna continue being a nervous mess around her all the time so i don't even know why you're asking me to be honest," mapí smirked, knowing alexia like the back of her hand.

alexia merely hummed, "whatever, let's go, training starts soon and we can't be late," she said, standing up with her coffee in her hand.

mapí rolled her eyes, "come on then miss can't admit her feelings."

alexia slapped the back of mapí's head, "perra."