05 - Clash

It would not take Gunvolt long to get back to his home, but his mind still lingered on you and the Adept back there. The expression you showed was one like never before, the only other time something this happened was when Asimov revealed his true colors. But right now he needed to get back to report what happened to Xiao Wu, along with getting Joule to safety. Looking down in his hands, he looked at the much smaller Joule.

 Looking down in his hands, he looked at the much smaller Joule

Gunvolt: Joule, are you sure you're okay?

Joule: Don't worry about me GV. My powers may have been weakened because of them but I feel fine. I'm more concerned about (Y/N). I haven't seen so angry in so long.

Gunvolt: Hopefully he does not get carried away and resort to using Nova.

~ Meanwhile ~

Septima Energy skyrocketed across the area as the two Adepts engaged in one of the most incredible battles before. This had been the first time you had fought an Adept ever since acquiring Psychokinesis and now it was time to put all your skills to the test. Ice rained down across the area while Psychic Energy pulsated across the field until the two powers clashed with one another. Each trying to overwhelm the other for dominance. But only canceling each other out in the end.

You and Tenjian stood there each testing the waters with a bunch of simple attacks to get an understanding of what the other is capable of. But now it was time to cut loose. Zooming toward Tenjian the ground split apart as you raced toward the ice wielder. Getting there in seconds and striking him in the chest with an open palm. Well, that was the case but he blocked the strike with his sword, but the force sent him moving backward. But from this little push you came out at him like a precise assassin.

Enhancing your hands with energy and sending them at Tenjian like spears. Tenjian was blocking everyone of them with his sword, but as your speed ramped up Tenjian was finding it hard to block them before having to push you back with a wall of ice. Slicing the wall, he would send a barrage of ice coming your way, but with a quick barrier you protected yourself. But it seems Tenjian was waiting for that as he suddenly appeared behind you and attempted to stab you with his blade.

You evaded it with ease before pushing him away with one mighty push of power. But Tenjian was not going alone as he went flying into the city. Grabbing you by the sleeve in the last moment sent the two of you flying across the air and towards the city. Both of you continue your fight within the air, Tenjian slashing at you with his sword and blocking them with Septima enhanced energy. Before the two of you crashed onto the two of a building. Getting up you immediately had to move from being frozen in place by a block of ice.

Leaping into the air, you floated there for a moment. You and Tenjian glaring at one another before you rushed at him. Slamming into with such a force that the ice wall he made was nothing but paper as you rammed into him. Knocking him off the building and charging at him once more. You slammed Tenjian hard into the ground before dragging him across the ground. But he would break your grip with a quick blast of ice.