Time Slaves - A Review by @elveloy

Intending to write a review for this edition of Tevun Krus, I went exploring. I entered "Alternate History" into wattpad's Discover and found a list of 124 stories to choose from. Although a "Fistful of Reefer" by @LostDMBFiles looked interesting it was 45 chapters and I didn't think I'd have time to read it all and write a review before the deadline.

Luckily, there were also a couple of shorter stories which drew my attention - written for an earlier SFSD if I'm not mistaken.

...click... by TheOrangutan and "Time Slaves" by bloodsword

...click... is a delightful short story, beautifully written. A mixture of science, history, and romance - what more could you want in four pages?

"His life's work complete, Dr Marvin Ledbetter leaves the known universe and journeys backwards through time. But where would you go, what would you want to see? Dinosaurs? Elvis? Who killed JFK? What would happen if your time machine went wrong and started doing things that you thought were impossible?"

Although I loved the story, I eventually decided not to write a proper review because I didn't think I could do justice to it without giving away the plot. Perhaps there's a challenge for someone else!

"Time Slaves" in three parts, is another excellent story by bloodsword, one of Wattpad's most popular writers and a strong supporter of Tevun Krus over the years. I read the story for the first time today and I have to admit I raced through it at warp speed because I wanted to see what happened next! Then I had to read it again to write this review.

Set in a future where Atlantis rose to become the dominant power on Earth, humanity has discovered how to live in harmony with the planet and each other. Technology and culture have thrived in this stable environment, with humans reaching out to the stars and alien civilisations. Everything looks on track for a near perfect future.

Until Captain Korin, commander of the TPEA (Temporal Protocol Enforcement Agency) space/time ship, Archimedes, is given an urgent mission, to investigate a Class 8 temporal anomaly in the Skyran sector.

What happens next is a roller coaster of events that had me turning pages as fast as I could. Although bloodsword uses a fair bit of science—which will appeal to those who like their science hard—as more of a soft-science person I was still able to follow what was happening.

These two stories are well worth a read; both for those who want to learn more about "Alternate History" as a sub-genre, and for those people who just want to read a good science fiction story!

Links http://www.wattpad.com/story/3851822-time-slaves

http://www.wattpad.com/story/1046412-click