Author Spotlight: ashiqtnt

Right... Here we go. :)

If you had to describe yourself in one word, what words wouldn't you use?

There aren't many words that I can use to describe myself. So the one's I can't use are going to be way too many. Top of my head I wouldn't call myself organised, planner or very friendly. Also let's not use sweet tempered or easy to please.

What was your nickname at school?

As boring as it sounds, I was called Ash in school. On the rare occasion I was called by my girlfriend's nickname, Rasna.

When you were a young padowan, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be rich. No, really. That's all I wanted to be. I figured, if I was rich I could be anything I liked. So I dreamed of being a very rich businessman.

What is your favourite quote?

"Life goes on." That has taken me through a lot of downs in life.

"Shit happens." from the JAck Reacher novels by Lee Child. That's a very realistic view of things.

Recently I came across "The world is against me. It wouldn't be fair otherwise." I think that's pretty badass.

I know you said favourite but I tend to get carried away with quotes...

Other than writing, what hobbies do you have?

Reading, obviously. This is more than just a hobby. I don't think I have many other hobbies, it's mainly reading this and that all the time. I like to go on random aimless drives sometimes (thanks largely to living in a country where petrol is cheaper than water). And ya, I play pool weekly with friends.

Tell us something random that we don't know about you.

I am one of the laziest people on the planet. If I can put something off for tomorrow, I'll put it off for the day after.

If you were one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, which one would you be and why?

I would want to be Death. I am not a fan of torture and I think the others just make you suffer whereas Death would free you from it. At least in my twisted mind, it's that way. Plus in most pictures and drawing, Death has the coolest horse.

What was the first piece of writing you were ever truly proud to have written?

"Survival". I researched a lot for it, I spend a lot of time on it. Sure, there are a lot of mistakes. But I am proud to have even put pen to paper for it. I have the Pubbers to thank for it.

Who is your all-time favourite Sci-Fi author? How much - if at all - have they influenced your writing style?

This is a tricky one. You see, I haven't really read much sci fi outside of WP. I mostly grew up watching sci fi TV shows and reading action, crime and mystery stories as these were more available in the school library. I liked Jules Verne. I loved his technology with Nautilus and his imagination in Journey to the Center of the Earth and others.

Michael Crichton was a good read. I remember being fascinated by his explanation of scientific breakthroughs and dangers posed by them.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was my favourite though. I really loved Sherlock Holmes. I was in awe of this character and would fantasise about being this really extraordinarily clever and observant man.

Do you have a muse?

Muse... I must confess I am not familiar as to the usage of this word (non-native English speaker here). If you mean anyone who serves as an inspiration, I am not sure. I am not writing a poem or story for someone or based on someone in real life. So I guess, it's a no?