19 | art

I knew nothing of wrath until I had tasted passion. 

I knew nothing of rancor until I had been betrayed. 

I knew nothing of malice until my soul was snatched away from me. 

━━ αθάνατοι ━━

MY hands twitch until I hold them down. It is an instinct I have learnt to control. Afterall, how many walls could I break in a single day? The debris sits in the corner and no one has attempted to dust it away, they are scared of facing the wall I had shattered to pieces in my rage. 

Is this what Varun felt? Is this what he describes as my greatest and only weakness? He is the only one who has dared to enter this room, his words act as his shield against my anger. He brings me food that I have thrown in several corners of this house, the hallways have been ransacked with plates and I'm not proud of it anymore, but that realization has only come after four long and excruciating days. 

My anger is justified, at least that is what I have been telling myself. But I have been imprisoned in this house for far too long to not have bouts of anger reappear, in the middle of the day or at night. 

I wasn't 'allowed', to meet Rubyn or Clarissa, to see the human who had called himself my father. I had scared Jace away and Varun, who I had barely met, had already seen most of my anger by the first day when I knocked down the first wall. I could only knock down the walls here, not the barrier his wife had built around the perimeter. Rubyn had wanted it and I had been infuriated enough to attack him for doing this but in these last few hours, consciousness and sanity has come back to me in a stable manner. 

I am finally breathing, finally thinking. Now that I close my eyes, I don't see blood, I see her and she asks me to breathe so I do. It helps for a moment but then I remember that she isn't here to hold me down and the anger surges. 

I need to know that there is a reason behind this. Someone needs to care enough to rescue her from the Goddess of Ghosts, of madness and nightmares, a literal child of hell. I knew she was awake, I knew she was still alive but I barely felt her, she was beyond my reach, or theirs. And except me, no one had seemed to care. No one followed the flight, no one caught my father, and no one even cared to find the assailant. 

So what if she was a Goddess, did Aethera's life suddenly mean nothing to them?

"Are you ready to talk?" Varun asked, perched against the broken door. 

"Are you ready to stop babysitting me? I am of no use locked in this house," I muttered. 

"You are," he nodded, carefully moving inside the room. "Within these...sort of walls..." he said, rolling his eyes around at the last piece of debris cracking down from the wall in the corner, "you can connect to her, faster than any of us can find her."

"She's too far," I muttered. 

"Which is why Jace is here to help you. Rubyn is already tracking her, but if you try to connect with her, in your dreams, we can reach her faster."

"Oh, so, Rubyn cares after four days," I snapped. 

"He hasn't slept a day, none of us have. We do need your help, Art but in your anger, you're blind. I know it is an incomprehensible pain but you have to see her through it," Varun said, placing his hand on my shoulder. 

"Jace will be here any time now. He has a device that will put you to sleep and maybe it can be helpful in tracking her if you're willing to calm down now. I am joining Rubyn in the search, the barriers are still up so don't try to -"