🍀Sad ending?

The theme is from the line of song 'swah bann ke' by Diljit Dosanjh,

"Nitt bann ke kleereñ Mera raah takkdi ae"

+ somewhat idea is taken from the movie 'Saak' (it's a Punjabi movie where a soldier wants to marry a girl , but he faces various difficulties as the girl's father doesn't want a soldier as a dmad!) {The backdrop is set to be of Punjab before modernization as shown in the movie.}

______________________________

Ishan and Shubman, indeed a match made in heaven. That's what they thought , when Shubman told his parents of his liking.

They liked Ishan when they first saw him in a marriage of their relatives. Shubman's grandfather was of a great help telling this to his parents. He too liked Ishan from the very beginning, wanting Ishan to be his grandson-in-law.

Usually people, to check the bride or groom for the son or daughter , sent a vichola/vicholan earlier.
(a/n: idk what he/she is called in English/Hindi, but he/she is a person who takes rishta of a person of a family to another, mostly he/she knows both of the families being connected. Mostly women were to ones to go for these things.)

So, Shubman's family also sent a vicholan to Ishan's village for their rishta and to their surprise, Ishan's father had a condition.
He was okay with his son having a dumb, deaf , blind or lame person as a husband., instead of marrying him off to a soldier. He was totally against the idea of his son marrying a soldier .

He was too afraid of his son living in fear of going widow after marrying a soldier. The vicholan didn't tell a word about Shubman's real job (fortunately). She was scared of breaking Shubman's little imagination of his to-be-family into pieces.
(Earlier people shared great relations , even with door ke rishtedar ,,, they were not bhenchods like now-a-days)

She bid her farewell from Ishan's village with a heavy heart. She then went to Shubman's home and poured her heart out about all the information she got to them. Shubman, though sad, was able to overcome this somehow and told that he agreed with the conditions.

The message of the acceptance was conveyed to Ishan's family .
(They still didn't tell Ishu's fam about shubman being a fauji.)

~Time skip~

The preparations were all done. Tonight was 'Jago' and tomorrow morning were the 'Anand Karaj' . (A/n: 'Anand Karaj' is a ceremony of marriage, the to-be-married couple walk four times, "char lavañ", just like "sat phere" of Hindu wedding around the agnikund, around the jugo-jug-atal Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, in presence of an amritdhari pathi/priest.)

Shubi was too excited because he was going to marry his liking tomorrow. But it didn't mean that he wasn't feeling nervous. He was nervous as hell and prayed to waheguru about his marriage going smoothly. Little did he know what awaited for him in his married life.

The night soon faded in dance and talks. All were getting ready for the 'Anand Karaj'.
Ishan's house was in total chaos. (Well, only Ishan's? The reason behind is that in old times, people from groom's side, who went to baraat , used to stay at the bride's house for a few days as they would come on feet or a bus altogether, and would go to their village after the marriage was all done.)

~~~~~~~

The marriage was completed 'pure riti-riwajaa de nal'. The new wedded couple went to their elders for touching their feet and getting blessings.