29

STILL BY HL'S POV:

"King said that you were only shot on the arm" says Amir gently taking care of my wounds. "I must have forgotten to mention that I was shot twice on the leg" I say in annoyance flipping him off. "Would you calm down" he says calmly but I ignore him. "Ouch!" I cry out in pain when he purposely presses my thigh to aggravate my wound. "The fuck..." I'm about to hail insults at him but he interrupts me. "What's wrong Wiz?" Its his concerned voice that slightly calms me down.

"A lot could have gone wrong today" as I say this,my eyes are stuck on the door and thinking of the person who's on the other side of it. "But it didn't and you are okay...you are pretty fucked up but okay" Amir tries to joke but I'm dead serious. "Hey I gave her some alcohol so she will be okay" he casually says when he sees that my eyes are still stuck on the door and my mind is elsewhere.

"You did what?" I snap my head in his direction and he only laughs. "Relax I didn't tho I was tempted to sedate her" mxm he's amused. I'm just going to ignore him hopefully that will make him speed it up and quickly get done.

"Why is Zero still alive again?" Amir questions,"I can't track down his location." I answer him. "Can't?" He scoffs before adding "the old Wiz would be painting the streets red,turning everything upside down just to fish him out." He reminds me of the "good old days" and I can't help but to smile at the memories.

"You were fucken reckless man but you did what needed to be done." He says that's true however "yah I was reckless and high remember?" I ask him,90% of the time when I needed to do such "duties" I was high on coke.

"And besides I can't be reckless now,I have someone to live for" I tell him nodding my head towards the door. "King must be so proud of you" he says speaking of my brother,Akani. Yah Akani has always wanted to see a sober version of me.

A Hlanganani who cares about consequences and a Hlanganani who's in love and is responsible. "I'm sure he is" I speak in a somber tone and that's because I already know that my elder brother is proud of me. I want my dad to be proud of me,yah most of the time I may act like his opinion of me means shit to me but really all I want is my father's validation.

"I like the influence that she has on you" he says finishing up to wrap a bandage over my last wound. "You,me and everyone else" I say smirking. "Take good care of her or else I'm snatching her" he says now packing his bag. "Eww old man get someone your age" I joke and we both share a good laugh. Amir is in his forties but he still looks good. Anyways all gangsters in suits or rather scrubs like him and King do look good yet deadly.

I open my bedroom door and limp inside to find my wife laying on her side facing the door. I limp to where her Maxwell is at,i grab "him" and walk to her uhm correction...I limp. I throw the teddy on the bed next to her for her to cuddle it since she's feeling down and shit.

Yah I still hate the fucken thing but if cuddling with it makes her feel better than I'm team fucken Maxwell. To my surprise she tosses it down,I raise up my eyebrow in question and she pats the empty bedside where I usually sleep. "I want to cuddle with my man" she speaks in a sweet voice tho hurt can still be heard in her voice.

"I thought Maxwell was your man" I tease her,"I want to cuddle with my real man" she says this time around. I happily throw myself on the bed next to her. "Ouch!" Yeah I just hurt myself. "Sorry,uright?" She asks helping me to sleep properly on the bed. "Yah I'm okay wanga" I say seeing her worried yet cute face. She lays down,her head on my chest and her hand on top of my chest drawing circles.

We sit like this in silence for a while. "Are you okay?" Its my turn to ask her now,"yeah" she speaks in a low tone. And because I'm not convinced I lift her chin so she can look up at me. "Nomzamo uright?" I ask again. "Yebo ngiright" this time she says a bit loudly and she smiles.