➢ ʀᴇꜱᴛ

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"All of you, take a break. I don't want to hear any complaints." Y/n pathed upon the football field and attempted to divert the boys' attention from their ball.

She tossed a water bottle at Hiori, which he smoothly caught with one hand. His breaths were frantic, unsteady, and he immediately downed the contents of the bottle, as though he hadn't drunk in a while.

On cue, all the other players came to a stop and collapsed onto the ground as exhaustion took over their bodies. Even Tokimitsu, the football player who was known for his unlimited stamina, was out of breath.

Y/n was helpless against the concern that weighed on her shoulders and pulled her down to the ground. She had never seen them in such a poor state.
Something was definitely wrong.

An agonizing expression laced Otoya's face as a throbbing pain gnawed on his ankle. He tightly gripped onto it with both of his hands, desperately hoping that the aching feeling would go away if he'd just press harder.

Y/n immediately came rushing to his side and inspected his hurt ankle with great care. It was indeed swollen and a red color had already coated his joint. Since his pain worsened with each passing minute, Y/n handed the boy a cold pack to cool his injury before it could get worse.

"Tell me if it's too cold for you." She gently pressed the pack against his aching ankle. Otoya winced in pain, but he bit his bottom lip to suppress a groan that could slip out of his mouth. "No, this is perfect. Thank you."

The girl's eyes surveyed the entire field, which was practically covered in exhausted football players. They didn't even last half of their training. Her attention shifted back to the white haired boy beside her.

"What's wrong with all of you today? I'm sure the food is edible and that you didn't overexert yourselves because you had generous breaks between every session. So why are you so out of breath?" Worry swirled in Y/n's eyes, it was pretty much visible to him.

"No idea. All I know is that I'm about to pass out." Otoya brought up a hand to his throbbing head. To his dismay, a biting head ache had sneaked into his skull. With furrowed eyebrows, Y/n instructed him to massage his temples to soothe the pain. She couldn't allow him to pass out.

"You all should rest for today. I'll report this to Ego and find a solution to the problem." After providing the football players with enough water, Y/n made her way out of the stadium, seeking the director of Blue Lock.

Her steps were fast, her shoes making loud noises that reverberated off the walls of the hallways. She tried so hard to forget the feeling of her heart dropping upon witnessing the boys' pain. But alas, the image of them kept popping up in her head, making her sick to her stomach.

All she wished for was to be there for them in their time of need. She wanted to help them, comfort them. All the worry and uncertainty was tearing her up inside.