Don't Worry

Lucy sighed deeply and lowered her gun as she saw Tim's tall, muscular figure standing in the middle of the living room. She turned away and faced the desk. He walked over to her and saw what she was doing.
"Well done Lucy. I'm proud of you." he whispered standing beside her arm around her waist. He studied the room carefully.

"Why is there blood on the bed Lucy?" he whispered walking over to it inspecting it.
"Being misty-eyed and walking, sorry, stumbling isn't a good mixture around walls." she mumbled making up an excuse on the spot.
"Meaning?.." he stood up and faced her.
"I bumped into a wall and had a nasty nose bleed." she shrugged knowing she lying to the one person who always had her back. Always kept her safe and always fought for her.

Tim looked around the room again and saw a damp towel hung upon the bathroom door.
"Damp towel on the door?" he questioned popping his head into their en-suite bathroom.
"Needed freshening up." she again shrugged.
"Lucy don't lie to me. We can get through this together like last time." he assured her wrapping his arms around her in a tight hug. She winced at his biceps brushing against her arms.
"Im not lying and there's proof." she pointed at the desk and the paper sprawled around. He sighed and sat on the bed.
"Ok. Fine. Are you okay though?" he asked worry evident in his tone and eyes.
"I've been better but I'm not dying." she nervously laughed.
"I'll call Grey so I can get a day off." he said grasping for his phone in his back pocket.
"Tim I'm fine. I'm going back in anyway." she smiled and pushed herself off the chair.
"Lucy are yo-" he started and was immediately interrupted.
"Give me a lift because I forgot my car!" she walked out.

He thought about her random burst of happiness. Something was definitely wrong. She couldn't just be fine after what Talia said. He knew she was lying to him but it would be hard to uncover the lies from her strong walls. She was protecting herself by not telling him. She couldn't talk about it because she wanted to forget it so she shoved it into the crevices of her memory.

The car drive back to the station was cheerful. From a third of the shop. Angela was still there and had let Tim go in alone. She sensed something was off and knew he sensed something was off. Lucy was being all cheerful in the back.
"Awww look at that kid with his cotton candy!" she smiled and fantasised about having a kid. But they would have to move houses and buy things and it wasn't a hassle Tim was ready for yet.

As they approached the station Angela walked away nodding at Tim giving them some alone time.
"Tim let me out." she demanded being stuck in the back seat.
"Not until you tell me what's up you've just gone through a million different moods.
"Because I'm a happy person!" she laughed.
"You are but after what's just happened?" he questioned.
"Yeah well I'm fine now let me out Timothy." her smiley expression dropping slowly.
"Fine." he grumbled and let her out.

Lucy went through the rest of the day restless and faltered when she saw Talia. She wrapped her hands around her stomach when she passed and held tight.