First Shift

As Lucy walked in and started getting changed Bishop passed. She quickly pulled down her shirt and Bishop scoffed.
"Insecure much?" she muttered and slipped out of the locker room. Lucy stood there shaking, she figured she should tell Tim but she wouldn't. He was doing a lot for her and didn't want to panic him. She snapped out of it, brushed her tears away and finished changing. She hurried out of the changing room with a white shirt, turquoise blazer, black leggings and white converse. Tim is waiting outside of the the changing rooms for her.
"Hey, doing okay why you hurrying?" he asked wrapping his arm around her shoulder.
"Sudden excitement burst that's all." she smiled weakly looking ahead.
"Lucy don't lie to me you know you can tell me anything." he frowned cupping her hands looking into her soft, doe eyes.
"I know Tim. I'm fine." she smiled up at him.
"Okay. Call me if you need anything. I'm here for you babe." he cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead. She nodded and he opened the door for her. "Right on time Bradfords." Grey smiled at them.
"Of course sir, the Bradfords are never late." Tim walked Lucy over to two empty chairs and they sat down. He put his hand on her thigh and draw circles on them. Talia scoffed when she realised they were married. She was too young to be a detective she'd already outranked her husband and was younger than him. She looked twelve. *She shouldn't be detective I should.* she thought and shot Lucy a dirty look. Lucy saw her look and fumbled with her long, lustrous hair. She shot her eyes down at her thighs.
"Okay well to business! We have a new detective who has an unblemished record and is absolutely outstanding. Lucy Bradford. Tim's wife so be careful. Especially the single men." he joked and everyone chuckled. She smiled at everyone and once her eyes fell upon Bishop she dropped it and went back to fumbling her hair.
"We have two new rookies everybody. Officers stand up, introduce yourselves and state your badge numbers. I will then read out your TO." he announced and the rookies did as they told. *This is like the old station all over again. Except I have people who have my back. God why does she keep scowling at me?" Lucy thought gloomily. She was going in over her head about what Talia was doing it drive her absolutely insane. "Lucy baby I have to go on patrol tell me if you need me ok," he smiled and leaned towards her ear "ignore Bishop as much as you can okay? You're amazing, even Angela said." he whispered and kissed her neck. She nodded and waved. Bishop passed her heading to the war bags with new her new boot, John Nolan. She did a crying motion and pulled a teasing face. *Fuck, fuck, fuck. Keep cool Lucy remember what Tim said, Angela said and your therapist said.* her eyes watered but stayed tough as she walked to Sergeant Caradine's office. She blinked away the tears that formed in her eyes and knocked.
"Come in!" a voice inside said. She walked in.
"Hi, I'm Lucy Bradford. Nice to meet you!" she smiled and held her hand out.
"Ah Lucy! Sergeant Caradine. When they said I got to take you under my wing I couldn't believe you, you are such a good detective and UC! Amazing to meet you too." He smiled shaking her hand. "Follow me to your new desk." he nodded towards his door.
"It's up too your to decorate it and organise. Have a nice first shift at Mid-Wilshire." he nodded, smiled and walked off.
"New station, new desk, new friends, a supportive husband, kind sergeant, everything is going great." she muttered to herself, she was ignoring the image of Talia giving her that dirty look and her words 'Insecure much.' they made her shudder but she brushed it off and started her first case. Her phone vibrated in her pocket.

Tim 💍😘

Hey baby I'm at lunch at the food trucks if you want
to pop by and bless my eyes 💗

Timothy your such a softie and flirt. I will I better have
my burger ready for me Timmy! 😘

I am not a softie! And I am only a flirt for you my
love. Already ordered your burger it's getting cooked.

You are so a softie! And if your a flirt for anyone else I have
many questions. I'll be over soon. 💗

She arrived at the food trucks and saw Tim getting two brown bags.
"Burgers as promised." Tim handed her the bag and smiled.
"You're safe for now. I'll reward you tonight." she winked, smirked and sat down.
"Please do." he said smirking.

"Lucy might wanna stop eating!" Talia said a few tables behind. Tim immediately stood up and glared at her.
"The fuck did you say Bishop? Didn't hear you properly." Tim shouted.
"Tim please don't engage just sit.." she whimpered tears steadily rolling down her cheeks. She tugged at his arm beckoning him down. He simply waved her hand off. "Lucy I'm not having you take this shit anymore." he whispered huskily still glaring at Bishop.
"Think you heard me Bradford! Come on she's too young Tim! You can't honestly like that kid." she laughed.
"Bitch insult her again. Tim has great taste in women and they are three years apart in age! He's 30 she's 27! Now piece your shit together and piss off." Angela shouted standing up next to Tim.
"You don't scare me." she scoffed.
"When I talk to Grey about this you'll be scared won't you!" he yelled fury coursing through his veins.
"Boot come on. Get in." she scowled and got in the shop.
As Nolan scurried past he quickly whispered to Tim "I'm on yours and Lucy's side she's being a bitch. Tell her I'm sorry." and he left.
Tim turned around and Lucy wasn't there. She left during the commotion.