Back In Town

Parker's POV: 

I just finished my tour and was headed to New York to be able to some time with my family. I was headed back to Long Island and my plane should be landing soon, I couldn't wait to be able to see my family again and to see the Islanders. My plane was landing and my brother Reid was going to pick me up, to be able to surprise my family.

Reid picked me up and we were headed to my families house, we pulled up it was about 7 in the morning and I saw both my parents were still home. We got out and walked into the house, "Mom? Dad?" my father came over to the door and saw me standing there "Hi dad, how've you been?" My dad was speechless and just came over and hugged me, my mom came in when she heard the commotion "honey what's wrong?" When my mom say me she quickly hugged me and my father "Honey why didn't you tell me you were coming home?" "I wanted to surprise you guys" 

We went into the living room to catch up and around 9:30 my dad looked at me "Hey kid, I have to go to the practice for the boys, we just got some knew kids on the team. You wanna come and see the boy?" "Yes I haven't seen Martin and Lee in so long"

We headed to the rink, I brought my skates and stick because my dad wanted me to show the guys what his child can do that they can't. We got to the arena and get to the locker room. My dad knocks on the door to see if any of the guys were indecent. "Girl entering" My dad yelled and Lee yelled back "WE'RE ALL DRESSED" me and my dad walked in, and the boys looked confused when we walked in. I walked over to Martin, "It's good to see you back on the Island Martin" "It's good to be back kid" I noticed that the new guys weren't in the room "Where are there new guys?" Lee walked over to us saying "They are already on the Ice, if you wanna put on your gear and scare them" "I don't have my gear, I just have my skates and stick, I mean I have a motorcycle helmet in my dads office." Lee looks at me "Alright let me grab the Taveras jersey you left here a while back and you get the helmet"

I put on my John Taveras Jersey even though he is now a maple leaf, I put my motorcycle helmet and skates on and walked out to the bench. Anders cam up to me and said "Ok kid, those two are some of the new guys, the one with the dark hair is Mat Barzal his girlfriend is Reilly who is right in the stands there, and the taller one is Anthony Beauvillier. They don't know your here, but your also wearing this helmet and you can't see your face" 

Just as Anders said that I noticed both the boys look over. You could also tell I'm a girl since I do have 2 inch nails that are French tipped, but the tips are orange and blue. I looked up at Anders "maybe you should tell them to not stare" he looked up at me and said "Yea they look confused, could be because of the helmet or the fact that you have nails." 

As me and Anders were talking my dad walked over, calling all the guys around "Okay boys, this is Parker" He said putting his hand on my shoulder. I pulled the helmet off showing my long Brown hair. The two guys looked shocked "Parker is my daughter, she is the best hockey player I know" that was when Anthony said snarky "Yea, like she's better than any of us." Just then my dad said "Beauvillier, Center ice Parker; show him what you can do kiddo. And don't hold back" "you got it pops" I got to the center ice as Anders dropped the puck I won the puck and scored through my legs and won over Anthony by 7. I skated back over to the rest of the team "How was that" Anders ruffled my hair "Still can do that shot between the legs." 

Anthony came over shocked, "How did you do that shot" "easy you have to scoop shoot it between your legs, it's so easy" Reilly, looked at me glaring which made me uncomfortable. "Umm dad, I'm gonna go home pops I gotta write some things" "Okay kid, see you later."

-Later that Day-

I was in the basement writing some song sitting at the piano, when I heard the door open and I saw out of the corner of my eyes; Anders, my dad, Mat, Reilly and Anthony walk in. I kept focused and started to sing F150 to practice it:

I can drive by your street and not feel a thing
Play all of those songs you used to play me
Get drunk with my friends and not think to call
Could think of you a little, but I don't think of you at all
I've been growing up, getting strong, moving on 

As I sang I could feel their eyes on me and I continued to play the piano and sing.

Then I see an F-150
And all the memories of you just hit me
You're driving right through my mind
And every time I think I'm fine
I see the headlights of an F-150

I can make out with a boy I just met tonight
And not feel guilty, not drunk cry
I can sip whiskey straight not think of your name
Be in any bar and not look for your face
I've been doing better and okay, yeah

But then I see an F-150
And all the memories of you just hit me
You're driving right through my mind
And every time I think I'm fine
I see the headlights of an F-150

But it's not even your F-150

Let me tell you what it is:
It's the drive-ins, the late nights, the tailgates, and the bonfires
Slowing down, growing up, making love, it all sneaks back up
Maybe soon it won't sneak back up

When I see an F-150
And all the memories of you won't hit me
You'll be moving on with your life and I'll be moving on with mine
And I'll be fine

When I see an F-150
And all the memories of you won't hit me
You'll be moving on with your life and I'll be moving on with mine
And I'll be actually fine
When I see an F-150

I don't even notice all those F-150's
I've been making myself new memories
At the drive-ins, the late nights, the tailgates, and the bonfires, yeah
I'll be slowing down, growing up, making love
But it won't be us, no
When I see an F-150
I'll take back what it took from me

As I finished I sighed and felt relieved to of been able to get through it without breaking down as a tear falls down my cheek. Reid came down the stairs and looked at em and knew right away. "Parker, hey it's okay. It's just the memories, your fine and safe" He held me knowing how broken I was. Reid looked at the boys and shook his head to tell them not to speak. 

Why was that song so hard to sing, it was about an ex that broke up with me; he hurt me and all he wanted as fame well he got it. He became the best country artist of the year in 2014, after he broke my heart. I sing about my past and what it felt to be hurt, I write and sing about true things that have happened. Things no one but me would understand.