𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

-Diana's POV-

Usually I wake up to the sound of Natalie's...very loud alarm and sometimes, I have to climb over her to shut it off—then we both end up late to work then because I tell Natalie it's still early and we can sleep a little—until we can't...but today I woke up to the sound of vomitting.

"Ugh." I grab Natalie's pillow, slapping it over my face before my eyes snap open realising a head is not laying on that pillow.

I sit up quickly, basically falling out of our very comfy bed as I run to the bathroom, only to find Natalie bent over the toilet, her hair messy and her hand on her forehead.

"I'm alright, go back to—" She vomits more and I cringe a little, I grab a hair tie from the counter before walking over behind her, gathering up her hair.

"Darling—"

"Baby, shush." I tie her hair up, wrapping the hair tie around it into a tight ponytail before she falls back, sitting against the wall.

She grabs some paper towels with her shaky hands, I bend down beside her taking them from her hand and wiping her mouth, she looks up at me, her eyes looking tired, watery and slightly red.

I flush the toilet as I drop the paper towels in there.

"Oh, baby." I whisper, putting my hand to her head.

"I have to get ready for work." She mumbles and I shake my head.

"You're crazy if you think I'm allowing you to go to work."

"My sophomores have an exam next week, I have revision sheets of the book they read that I need to print out—my seniors, don't even get me started—"

"Nat." I cut her off and she swallows, flinching slightly.

"What's wrong? Is it your tummy and throat?" I ask her and she nods.

"I'm alright. I also have to call the venue of our wedding today and I also have to make sure the cake is sorted." She speaks, quietly, she's losing her voice.

"You're not doing any of that, you can do it tomorrow—"

"It's a month till the wedding."

"I don't care, I don't want my wife to be to drop dead because she wouldn't let herself get better when she's clearly very sick." I rub her cheek, feeling how warm her face is. She closes her eyes leaning into my touch and I frown.

"Oh baby, you need to go back to sleep. You've exhausted yourself recently." I whisper, cupping her face, her eyes open again and she looks up at me.

"I have to go to work. I really have to, I cannot afford to miss anymore days at school for my students sake. I have to supervise detention too, I'll call the venue and the woman who's making our cake at lunch...I'll get some writing done in detention." She whispers and I shake my head.

"I always listen to you, Natalie. When I have a headache you tell me to stay home and bring me painkillers and you really overreact...Please, listen to me—"

"Diana, I feel better, I've gotten it all up. I just need some coffee and I'll be alright." She pushes herself up slowly, almost falling back but of course, Natalie being Natalie, she pushes herself up again.