𝑭𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒚 𝒐𝒏𝒆

-Diana's POV-

I get off of Sawyer, I'm not a trained horse rider but sawyer and dash seem to really like me and let me take them for rides whenever I want. Natalie watched me the first few times in case I fell off and got trampled but I'm becoming very good at it.

I take off my helmet as I step into the tack room—it has honestly been a dream living here, it's so quiet. Nobody lives around here so we have it all to ourselves.

Since it's still summer it's really hot and Natalie said we should get a pool which is silly. Sadie has also come to live with us finally, since the house is near finished.

She gets along well with Dorothea and Maggie surprisingly but even more surprisingly Natalie is warming up to Sadie. She was playing with her yesterday when I came home from work.

I do have shorter days now and a two week holiday from today because Arabella and her family are going away on holiday so it's great.

I step out of the stable, fixing my hair as I walk along the grass, I open the wooden gate, before shutting it after me so dash and sawyer don't wander off. They have a lot of space but I still make sure to take them out for daily rides and Natalie even takes them out too, of course.

We've mostly stayed clear of the forest nearby, it's creepy at night...I'm afraid to look out our bedroom window at night in case I see someone. It didn't help when Natalie forced me to watch a horror movie about a farm. I made her stay up till I fell asleep because I was so scared.

I walk over to the house, running up the steps before pulling open the screen door before the main door, stepping inside.

I kick off my boots, peeking my head into Natalie's small office as she types at her computer. I skip inside slowly, shutting the doors behind me.

She looks up meeting my eye and I smile.

"Darling."

"Baby, you look so pretty today." I tilt my head a little and her hands leave the keyboard.

"What do you need?" She raises her eyebrows and I lean off the white doors walking to the seat in front of her desk.

"I'm bored."

"You were just outside, you looked entertained."

"You were watching?" I smile widely and she rolls her eyes.

"You were quiet for too long, I had to make sure you hadn't been murdered."

"You softie."

"I'm trying to write, Diana. We agreed on me writing today." She says and I huff dropping my head back.

"You don't look like you're having much fun." I shrug my shoulders lifting my head again, I want to do something. Go for a walk—watch a movie, go to the beach?

"Because my mind is foggy and I need silence to concentrate, in this moment a certain someone isn't giving me that." She says and I rise from the chair, walking around her desk. I look to the computer huffing.

Her hand goes to the back of my thigh as I stand beside her, she squeezes and I look to her.

"What do you need?" She questions, I reach down, sliding her glasses off slowly to put them on myself instead.