𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

I keep my hands on my lap while I stare at my chicken nuggets, Natalie and Josephine don't say anything but some people around our table talk amongst themselves so it's not completely silent...but there's still that weird awkward silence feeling lingering.

My leg bounces as I become more uncomfortable—by the thoughts in my head, the silence at our table and then the muttering from people talking—there's also the occasional cough or chair scraping against the floor that is making me more nervous and I don't know why.

I drove here with Natalie, Josephine drove her car since we got to the arcade separately. Natalie didn't talk much in the car either, I don't know why.

I shut my hands while I keep my head down, focusing on my bouncing knee—why am I so nervous—my heart is racing—I think maybe it's my thoughts—since they are becoming more negative again.

I mostly want to stay at home but I'm forcing myself to get up and leave the house so I don't rot away...even though I want to but still I think it may be because at the arcade I had distractions but now it's quiet—really—

Natalie's hand goes to my leg causing it to stop bouncing and rest instead. I watch her hand as she squeezes.

"Are you alright?" She questions quietly, leaning closer as I lift my head looking to her. I nod quickly loosening my hands.

"Yeah, I'm just tired." I say and she nods in response, looking over every detail of my face.

"They have nice desserts, hot fudge brownie with vanilla ice cream. Do you want that? It might give you some energy until we get home." She asks. I shrug and she squeezes my leg again before pulling her hand away.

"Do you want a dessert while I'm getting something for her?" Natalie asks Josephine, I look to Josephine and she shakes her head.

"No, I'm full." Josephine offers Natalie a smile, Natalie ignores it...looking away. She looks around before a waiter comes closer, she nods at him.

They begin talking and I look away, looking to the floor beside the table. I didn't eat my chicken nuggets...I know, it's a waste of money but I'm not really in the mood for them. Natalie only ate half of her salad—Josephine got the same, everyone's being healthy, then there's me. I mean it's a restaurant.

The man picks up my plate and I smile a little at him before he takes Josephine's plate walking away.

"Do you think I should get a motorcycle license?" Josephine jokes, I straighten up in my seat.

"Considering you crashed into mine at least ten times, I think you should stay far away from motorcycles." Natalie says, Josephine stops smiling.

"It was you who crashed into mine." Josephine argues back, Natalie snorts, her hand going to the back of my chair while she looks at Josephine.

"Wow, not only are you a cheater, but also a liar." Natalie says and Josephine shakes her head looking away.

"Do you have proof of either of those accusations?" Josephine looks back to Natalie again, making her laugh.

"What is this? Court? Should I call my lawyer, Josephine?"

"Maybe you should, if you are so convinced that I am a cheater and a liar." Josephine says, I sink into my chair again as they go back and forth...Arguing because of an arcade game.

"Just accept that you lost." Josephine speaks up again, I glance to Natalie and she death stares Josephine, she goes to speak and I sit back up again quickly.

"You're my winner." I kiss Natalie's cheek quickly before pulling back, she looks to me and I smile at her hoping to cheer her up.

"So...You're both winners now, okay?" I say, sitting back.