Chapter 19: The screams of the silenced

small time skip to the office

It was odd looking at the cloaked figure. she seemed familiar, hovering around Hearless as if watching. I hear a slight metallic click, and what sounds like a striker of a lighter being flicked twice. looking over to see Hearless lighting a cigarette.

"I would implore you not to do--." I paused, noticing her posture. She seemed saddened, almost lethargic. As if she did something she highly detested with a passion, so I decided to let her smoke. "Ahem... Anyways." I looked at the cloaked figure. "who might you be?" I heard a small cough as she lowered her hood. "its been a long time wales" I balked, surprised by seeing a woman. one who should have been dead. "T T Tosa? What happened to you?" A smile shows on her face, her orange and blue gradient eyes holding a slight look of contempt. Her head appeared lopsided with only one ear, the other appearing to have been torn off at some point.

"May I ask, how are you still alive?" Tosa exhaled a slight cough as she did, sitting down she began to speak. "I hid, for a long time. 13 long years." A small thought entered my head as I looked at Rousha. She had several similar features to Tosa, of course, she did look more like Kaga but perhaps. No who am I kidding? "So why did she bring you here?" "I'm her mother" My mind went blank.

_____________

"Wait what?" Cleveland exclaimed. "What do you mean you're her mother?" "It's a long story, and hard to believe" I calmly respond "I guess so. I guess it explains why she seemed so adept at her mataniners" She shook her head some leaning back and gave Rousha a slightly concerned look. Her hands moved in a pattern, sign if I recalled. I sighed realizing I had an obstacle to get over before I could talk with my daughter without a pen and paper.

_____________

"you good?" I signed to Rousha. Slowly she looked towards me shaking her head slightly, this confused me normally she was more alive. Combative at times, now she was like a ship without fuel. dead in the water. Slowly her hand reached into her pocket, pulling out a small box of cigarettes but at the same time, a wallet fell out. One with the iron blood cross emblazed into it. I cocked my head to the side, noting that Rousha didn't seem to notice that it had fallen out. slowly I picked it up, it felt a little worn but kept in good condition. Slowly I opened it, I found an ID badge in it. Showing a girl with blond hair, blue eyes, and a small blue hat.

Under the name section, Z23 was printed. I slowly looked up and a Rousah, is this why she seemed so dead? I looked back at the wallet, flipping it over I could see blood splatter on it. "I I don't know how to respond to this" Placing it on the table, I simply shook my head slightly shocked by this information that had just come to light. I looked at her as she continued to smoke, pausing when she noticed the wallet, she backed away from it, like a vampire having a cross brandished at them.

I noticed a small silver item in my peripheral vision, it was a small lighter. Rousha's I guessed but something odd happened. The top of it just flicked open, then the striker wheel turned with no hand on it lighting a flame. Blinking a few times surprised by this, but I decided to ignore it. Until I saw Wales looking at it as well, the only one who seemed to be calm about it was Tosa.

"Tosa... Do you know how?" inquired Wales. She sighed "Well I guess I should explain then, many years ago." She talked, about communicating with a higher power. Said that they blessed her with a child, but in conscience. The child was cursed or blessed, depending on how you view it. The power at the time was unknown to Tosa, but it seemed to be getting clearer to her. especially with what happened recently. 

"So what does this mean?" "yes" "Will you tell us?" "In due time, she needs to be taught first. I assume you still have the training grounds and classrooms?" "Y yes but" "Good, now it's getting late, I would suggest we all continue this tomorrow." Swiftly Tosa stood up and walked away, Rousha following behind her. "how rude" exclaimed Wales. "I knew she wasn't a people person but I guess hiding for 13 or so years because of a treaty didn't help." "You're probably right, and she is right" Wales sighed. "Cleaveland, move Tosa's ship to dry dock, I don't think it will float much longer in its state" "I will, good night" I left the room walking down the dimly lit halls, eventually leaving the building. "how, how did you survive this long without succumbing to your disrepair?" 
__________

Walking down the hall door after door light after light, slowly approaching my room. I looked at Tosa, a small smile on my face. Happy found her, but hating myself at the same time. Terrified really, the scope of what I can do was hard to grasp. So much good, but the first thing I did was kill. Why, why was I given this cursed power was it just to make me suffer? To be laughed at, or was it to make people hate me? I just don't understand.

Eventually, we reached my room. unlocking it I let Mom enter first, she looked around before sitting down on the couch. I felt a bit bad about it, having her sleep on the couch. But I ignored it for now, lying down in my bed. letting the embrace of sleep take me. but it seemed it had other ideas, It kept playing that girl's death, her throat being torn out. Again, and again. For what felt like years, it repeated.