Chapter 15: uncovering, bit by bit.

Walking down the forest trail, it's generally calm all around. Feeling a presence, I quickly look for the source, finding a green haired neko following a Manjuu, which neither pays mind to me. Stepping out of her way, she walks past, and waiting until she makes a decent distance, I get back on the path, careful not to catch up to her quickly.

Continuing, I came across a cave, the entrance was dark and cold, and a heavy damp feeling settled over me as I continued into it, as I walked into the cavern I came across a metal catwalk, taking care in my steps I made my way across soon seeing a massive black ship with 3 figures standing on it they were tiny compared to it, one clad in blue another in red, and finally one in black with large tentacles around them seemingly floating in the air, I could see their mouths moving, but too indistinctly to make anything out suddenly I felt the catwalk shake, with Akagi looking over, her eyes unfocused, for the moment before sharpening, and pointing to my left, Looking over I could see the green haired cat panicking, before being enveloped by the tentacles of the one in black.

Quickly I backed up into the shadows, still watching I saw Kaga seem to say something that, that thing didn't like, a remark was given back, which Kaga sneered at before turning her back, suddenly I saw more tentacles wrap around the neko and squeeze, her mouth opens to give out what I could only assume was a scream, I see Akagi turn around, and summon a carrier deck, made of ethereal red flame before she collapsed in a fit of coughing, Kaga walks up to her, gently pulling her back and a cube appears from her chest, it was glowing blue but even from here I could see fractures in it, the cube was put back in her chest, the woman with tentacles continued to squeeze the neko before she splattered into a red mist her cube falling onto the cat walk seemingly forgotten by this monster, she looked at the two kitsune, pulling a black cube out, before suddenly freezing as a cloaked figure at the opening of the cavern is seen holding a rifle of some sort, smoke from the barrel, the black clad woman seemed to collapse onto the ships deck, her yellow eyes which were glowing dimmed out to a pale yellow, like straw.

The cloaked woman swiftly rushed in nabbing the black cube and exiting the cavern, I glanced at the cube of the green neko, quickly I ran over grabbed it with some cloth from my kimono, and threw it into my bag, I raced out, following the figure ahead of me, I glance back to see several people chasing me, Kaga, and Akagi most notably, I turned back and started to run as fast as my tiny frame could take me, soon I see several women in front of me all with a weapon drawn of some sort, the cloaked figure simply launched herself of one of the smaller ones and over the wall they made.

On the other hand, I simply darted toward the side cutting a path towards the motor pool, the crowd behind me only growing, Rushing in I open the door to the car I messed with, feeling for a key to find a set of switches, I flick on the first then the second and feel the engine come to life, Quickly feeling that I threw my hand to the gear lever pushing the clutch in and throwing it to first.

I stomped on the throttle and released the clutch, launching the car forward, the kansen gathered around the gate stared as the hood of the car came towards them, the crowd slowly realizing I was not slowing down moved to the side clearing the way, throwing the car sideways I flew down the small street of the shopping district, I catch the next gear accelerating towards the gate slamming into the center of it breaking it open,  I fly down the dirt road soon to see the cloaked figure again, rifle slung along their back, I let off the pedal, the needles on the rev gauge dropping from the red zone, dropping speed I slowly rolled next to the figure, who's head slowly turned towards me, she had mix of white and silver hair, her eyes started as blue on top and shifted to a orangeish color as it reached the bottom.

I stopped the car at the same time the woman stopped walking, she looked at me, her expression tired, her head snapped to the side looking back to the base, she unslings the rifle and fired into the air, looking back I saw several aircraft flying overhead, she walks around the car keeping her head towards the base, and entered the passenger seat, her rifle rested between her legs, as she made a simple motion, she pointed down the road.

The car took off with the pair, dust kicking up from the tires the engine roaring as it picked up speed, the planes overhead trailed them but soon turned away, the sedan continued down the road, seemingly taking turns at random.

I watch this short little fox drive,  making turn after turn, gunning it down straight sections and pulling off the throttle in turns but still carrying a fair amount of speed, Something on the edge of my mind is yelling at me, something I haven't felt in a decade, suddenly it clicked, I snapped my head to look at the girl, her ears not moving, her eyes sharply on the road, but it was unmistakable, it was Rousha.

I glance at the woman in the passenger seat as I drive, keeping the needle over 60, I shake my head, Uneased by the gaze of the woman, I slow downshifting down to make a turn,  I push the throttle back while exiting it, soon the woman taps me, indicating me to stop. 

I do so slowing down, she exits after we stopped, and she walks away, but stops and makes a basic come here gesture, I felt a strong pull as if I should comply, I exit the car taking my bag with me, and began towards the woman, suddenly I was thrown forward, hitting the ground, a sharp pain on my back, my breathing ragged, I slowly opened my eyes and looked back to see the car in flames, I try to crawl forward, the woman rushing up to me, just before I pass out.