11. goodbyes

-GOODBYES-

"the last time she saw her sister, was the last time forever"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It's been a few days since Skaikru massacred the army that was send to help them. A few days since Trikova was last seen by her people.

When Lexa returned to Polis with Clarke by her side, she got the news that Skairkru, once again, attacked one of her villages. The grounders who lived there came seeking for vengeance, begging the commander to go back to their old ways.

Blood must have blood.

But it was quickly shut down by Lexa, who ordered the twelve clans to march together on Arkadia. Not to attack, but to contain. She ordered her people to blockade the 13th clan, keeping them from the lands they wish to possess.

The commander thought that if Skaikru was given enough time, they would take out their own leaders from within.

But, it wasn't that simple. Lexa made it clear that, any Skaikru caught across the line, will be subject to a kill order.

This got her almost killed if it wasn't for Titus' fast reflexes. Semet, one of the people from the village, disagreed with Lexa, and before she knew it, he was coming at her with a knife. But Titus was quicker, he grabbed the knife from his hands and stabbed the man in his neck, killing him instantly.

After that, Lexa and Clarke spend their time together, bonding and making up what was lost after Mount Weather.

A few hours later, Clarke walks into her room with a big smile, but it quickly is replaced by a frown when her eyes connect with Murphy's weak body sitting on one of her chairs. "Murphy?" She breaths out. She hurries towards the boy when she sees no sign of life in him.

"He's alive." Titus says while walking out from behind a corner.

Clarke's eyes widen when she sees the man. "What did you do to my friend?"

"Your friend was caught stealing from people on their way to the Polis market."

Suddenly, Murphy groans in pain as he slowly regains consciousness. Clarke grabs his face with concern written all over hers. "Hey, you're ok." She tries to take the cloth that was keeping his mouth closed, out of his mouth, but stops when Titus speaks up again.

"Please, don't do that." The man mutters while slowly revealing the gun that he was hiding behind his back.

Clarke raises her hands before slowly getting up. "Titus, what is this about?"

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, Clarke. Truly i am."

Clarke shakes her head with pleading eyes. "Look, i'm leaving right now. Octavia's waiting for me. Just let me take Murphy, and we'll go."

"Wish i could." Titus sighs before raising the gun and aiming it at her head. "Lexa will never execute her duty while you live."

"Hey! Titus, think. She's gonna know it was you." Clarke breaths out.

Titus shakes his head at this before gesturing to Murphy. "She'll think it was him, Skaikru weapon in the hands of a Skaikru thief." He mutters. "She might even be angry enough to declare war!" Titus raises his voice before pulling the trigger.

Clarke quickly dugs, the bullet missing her head by inches, before she quickly runs to a corner. Titus shoots again when Clarke runs past the door, which unfortunately was slammed open by Lexa, who heard the shots.