8. skaikru's mistake

-SKAIKRU'S MISTAKE-

"You just dug your own grave, Bellamy Blake."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sairah leads the group of five warriors, including Indra, to the camp her people made just a few miles from Arkadia. 300 warriors made themselves at home in the open so they can keep an eye on the Sky People and protect them.

Lexa asked Sairah to stay with them in case something did happen and Arkadia needed strong warriors. Sairah wasn't happy about it at first, leaving Lexa once again to help the Sky People, but she knew the commander wanted what's best for her so she went along with it.

When the group of five arrive at the camp, they're met with cheers and bows from the 300 warriors. Sairah smiles at them, having missed the feeling of leading a group of warriors.

The girl raises her hand, stopping the warriors' cheers. "Warriors of Trikru." She greets with a nod. "We are here under the commander's order to protect and take care of the needs from Skaikru. Now, i know you all didn't plan to spend your week with me in the open, but rather with your families at home. I, too, would love that." The crowd laughs at the girl's attempt to lighten up the mood. "Let's just make sure Skaikru is safe before we go back to our own families."

"Yes, Trikova!"

Sairah gives them a nod before looking up at the dark clouds and the bright moonlight. "Go to sleep, rest well and be ready for tomorrow!"

The warriors bow their heads one after one before walking away to their own tents. Sairah looks down at Indra, who's smiling up at the girl. "You would make a great commander, Trikova."

Sairah scoffs at this. "Yeah, sure."

"I'm serious, Trikova." Indra continues. "The people respect you already, even more than they respected the Commander when she first started." The woman informs her. "Our people fear you and your power, that is enough to be a good commander, Trikova."

Sairah smiles at this. "Well, if it ever comes down to that, you'll be my second, Indra."

"That would be an honor, Trikova." Indra bows.

-

It's been hours since Sairah arrived at the camp her warriors set up. When she send everyone to sleep, she decided to take the first watch alongside Garthur, a strong warrior from her village. The two spend their time on watch, talking and sharing some memories about their past.

Sairah wasn't used to spending her time talking with her fellow warriors, but ever since she came back from Arkadia, she tried to make them feel as comfortable as possible with her. The strong bond she shared with Octavia and a few other Sky People, made her change her whole perspective on friendships. She never knew having a friend or two would make her life even more exciting than before.

Sairah grew up as a lonely child, only having Lexa by her side. But Lexa also had her own life and problems, which resulted in Sairah spending days by herself just training.

The girl is pulled out of her thoughts when her ears perk up at a sound coming from the woods. She shares a quick look with Garthur before the two reach for their swords. "Stay here, i'll go wake the others." Sairah mutters before leaving the boy to watch the woods by himself.

Sairah hurries towards Indra's tent, which is located somewhere in the middle of the camp, before she hurries inside with a worried expression. "Indra."

The woman sits up startled as she widens her eyes at the girl. "Trikova? What's going on?" She asks as she gets up from her bed in a hurry.

"Shh." Sairah shushes her. "Grab your sword and follow--" Her voice is cut off as a loud gunshot echoes through the quiet night. And then, chaos breaks out. Gunshots after gunshots are heard from outside Indra's tent.

Both, Sairah and Indra cover themselves as bodies fall onto the loose tent. "Indra! Go! Protect yourself!" Sairah orders before hurrying out of the woman's tent. Her eyes widen at the scene in front of her. Dozens of her warriors lie next to each other on the open field as they gasp for their last breaths.

Suddenly, Sairah is pushed behind Indra's tent as someone grabs her waist and pulls her back. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Sairah's eyes widen when she recognizes the familiar voice of Bellamy Blake. "Bellamy?"

"You were not supposed to be here, Sairah." Bellamy says through clenched teeth. "Go, get the hell out of here before someone sees you!" He orders.

Sairah looks up at him in realization. "You... This is your doing." She mutters in disbelief. "What the hell have you done, Bellamy?"

"I said go, Sairah!" He pushes the girl towards the dark woods, forcing her to leave the bloodbath.

"No! Don't touch me, Sky boy!" Sairah pushes him off of her with all her strength. She looks behind him to see his people still shooting at hers. "Stop them! Please, Bellamy, stop your people!" She pleads with wide eyes.

"Sairah, please, go..." Bellamy breaths out.

The girl shakes her head, but before she can fire something back at him, someone lets out a battle cry from behind him. Sairah's eyes widen when Bellamy turns around and aims his gun at the person.

Indra...

"No!" Sairah cries out as she watches the woman take a bullet to her shoulder. Indra lets out a groan as she falls back. "No! What did you do?!" Sairah breaths out in shock. "What did you do?" She repeats in a whisper.

Bellamy grabs the girl's hand and pushes her back to the woods. "You have to leave. Now!" He urges her. "I promise i'll let her live if you leave now, Sairah... please."

Sairah looks up at him with furrowed brows, fresh tears falling down her face as she watches her people being murdered in cold blood. Just when she opens her mouth to yell at him, someone calls out Bellamy's name from behind.

Sairah clenches her jaw when her eyes connect with Pike's hazel ones. "You..." She breaths out in anger.

Pike raises his gun and aims at her head, ready to kill her, but stops when Bellamy pushes her behind himself. "No. Not her, Pike."

Pike furrows his brows at the boy. "Move, Blake. We kill her and we win."

"I said no." Bellamy simply states. "We're taking her with us. We'll keep her as a prisoner."

Pike's ears perk up at this. "Prisoner?" He repeats before smirking at the girl. "I like that idea, Blake."

Bellamy gives the man a nod before turning to Sairah with pleading eyes. "Please, just do as i say." He mutters while looking down at her.

Sairah closes her eyes as Bellamy ties her hands together. "You will regret this. Lexa will never let you live after this." She says through gritted teeth. "You just dug your own grave, Bellamy Blake."

oh my god....