SIXTEEN: A LITTLE LONGER

"Where are we headed?" Ana inquired, her eyes fixed on Ivan with a flicker of curiosity dancing between her brows. It had been a few days since he clandestinely slipped into her room, gifting her with a kiss that she could only describe as the epitome of perfection. True, she had never been kissed before, but there was an undeniable certainty that he possessed a mastery of the art, pouring his every skill and passion into that singular moment.

Ivan guided her towards the waiting car stationed by the restaurant's entrance, their lunch spot. Standing before the vehicle was a familiar figure she had encountered on numerous occasions, even during her initial encounter with Ivan. His name was Dimitri, and Ana thought he seemed decent enough.

With a warm smile, Ana acknowledged Dimitri as he opened the backdoor for them. However, instead of reciprocating her friendly gesture, he merely nodded and sealed the door once she was comfortably settled inside. Ivan joined her from the other side, slipping into the car with an elegance befitting royalty, and signaled Dimitri to start driving.

As the car glided along the road, Ana turned to face the man seated beside her. "Come on now, this is getting frustrating. What are you hiding?"

"I'm not hiding anything, malysh," he responded with a subtle grin, his fingers caressing her arm in a gentle rhythm. "Just trying to surprise you."

"Surprises tend to make me anxious."

"I'll keep that in mind for the future," he assured, his words laced with affection.

Ana may not have known the reason behind all this secrecy, but the thought that he had plans to surprise her in the future filled her with a warm sensation that tingled in her fingertips and toes.

"This isn't helping," she pouted, hoping that her attempt to break his resolve and reveal the secret would work, just as it had with her father and friends in the past.

"I'm not even trying," he said slyly, as if he knew exactly what she was attempting and wasn't ready to reveal his intentions just yet.

Ana crossed her arms and gave Ivan a playful glare. "You're enjoying this, aren't you? Keeping me in the dark."

"Maybe a little. But trust me, the surprise will be worth it."

"Can't you give me a hint? A tiny clue?"

He pretended to ponder for a moment, his finger tapping against his chin. "Hmm... Okay, I'll give you a hint. It involves something you've always wanted to do but never had the chance."

"Something I've always wanted? Oh, now you've really got my attention. Is it something adventurous?"

Ivan winked at her. "Let's just say it's a thrilling experience that will make your heart race."

"Oh, Ivan, you're driving me crazy! When will I find out?"

Ivan leaned closer and mumbled against her lips. "Just a little while longer, malysh. We're almost there."

"