𝟭𝟮 kidnapped

chapter 12 !
kidnapped...

I WAKE UP sitting on the uncomfortable ground with a chilling sensation around my wrists and neck. My head is restrained by the metal chains around my neck so I can't move much, but I look down to see the restraints on my wrists are glowing a pinkish-purple.

I see a man in front of me, his back towards me. Without trying to make too much noise, I focus on his mind, trying to make him unchain me or something like that, but nothing happens.

"Wondering why you can't use your powers?" He queries, still not facing me as he's working on something.

I groan, resting my head against the back wall in annoyance of the restraints.

I took in his menacing appearance. His black shirt was tight around his biceps and back muscles, falling loose around his waist. His arms were tattooed in black and red ink.

"After what you did to me the other day, I knew I had to do something about them." He continues. "So I found some chintauri technology from Adrian's old stash, and did a little fixing to cater it to you." Then he turned around and faced me with a slight smirk on his face. "A little power-dampening never hurt anybody. At least not me."

"Where am I?" I demanded.

He looked at me like I was stupid, his eyes cynical. "My evil lair." He said sardonically, a smile on his face.

Now I could fully see his face. His black curls fell in front of his forehead stopping right above his slim brown eyes. His nose had a slight bump in it, his lips were thin, and a divot in his chin. He looked to be in his late 20's-early 30's. I remembered everything I was looking at to tell the cops when I got out.

I began to look around, looking for any possible way out. There was only one door, and my kidnapper just walked out of it, saying, "See you later."

The room is a rectangular shape with no bump-outs—four walls. The wall in front of me and to my left has shelves full of different technology—all with the same colored hue as the metal on my wrists. The wall to my right is the one with the door, a metal table sitting next to it with objects I can't see, and I can't see much of the wall behind me because of my neck restraints but I can see part of a one-way window. There are no other windows.

In the corner of the wall in front of me there is a TV, and it is playing the local news. It is still showing New York news, so I know I'm not too far from home.

I slam my neck against the restraint like an idiot to try and get free, but unsurprisingly it doesn't work. I do the same with my wrists but it only hurt. Now my neck is aching and I know that it'll bruise later—because the not yet fully healed one underneath was apparently not enough.

I begin to lose control of my breath, rapidly gasping to try and get it back in panic. My throat feels like it's closing in on itself while my chest eats itself from the inside out.

I rest my head against the surface behind me to try and relax myself. I will find a way out of here.

It is so eerily quiet, but as I continue to listen to the silence, I notice there is something penetrating the silence—the sound of cars. I'm close to a road, meaning I'm still probably in the city. The muffled sounds are coming from above me, though, so I'm definitely underground.

₊˚ˑ༄ؘ

It's been a day. I've monitored the patterns of my kidnapper and the change in temperature of the room, telling me it's now the next morning since I woke up here.

The metal door clanks open, slamming into the concrete wall next to it. I take this opportunity to look out to see if there are any clues as to where I am, but all I can see is another concrete wall.