xvi | efficient

key:

ishita / jai

“For fuck's sake,” Ishita let out a curse as soon as she saw Jai arrive at the venue

For fuck's sake,” Ishita let out a curse as soon as she saw Jai arrive at the venue. He was clad in all black — crisp shirt pulled taut against his chest and neatly tucked into black trousers that illegally defined him and his ass. He had left his first two buttons open, the only indication that this is an informal party rather than a formal one. His platinum chain glimmered under the moonlight, making him look sexy. She wanted nothing but to loop a finger under it and pull him closer to her with it.

Fuck, what am I thinking? Ishita was alarmed at her thoughts. These days, they've been focused on things like how good of a kisser Jai might be and if he is a dominant man in bed. They were consistently irrelevant, horny thoughts that required holy water to cleanse herself with everytime she broke out of them.

And Jai? Out of all people?

Was it because he was the only man she was around for more than a month? Or was she getting attracted to him?

“Were you waiting long?” he asked.

“Yes.” She wasn't. She had only just arrived.

“I'm sorry. My cat wasn't feeling well so I had to quickly contact the vet.”

Ishita choked. “You have a cat?”

“Yes.”

“I've been your assistant for more than a month and why didn't I know about it till today?”

Jai smiled his rare smile. “She is the one person I don't need a schedule for.”

Something twisted in Ishita's chest — a sudden urge to steal this cat and ship it off to Mars.

“The look on your face is scary. What are you scheming?”

“Nothing,” she snapped. “Why did you wear black? We are matching!”

“Black is a nice colour,” he said, his eyes quickly tracing the black figure-hugging sarara top and its matching loose pants on her. She could feel her skin getting hot under his gaze. “Especially on you.”

“People are going to misunderstand.”

Jai chuckled. “Ishita, are you serious? You're whining over a coincidence?”