4: Exhaustion, regret and a newfound friend

It was an unfortunate turn of events, really it was. Forcing him to put his needs before his wants and face reality. Ew.

He just had to come to terms with it all because it was his best choice. Especially if he didn't want to end up in jail or with a fine, but some part of his brain begged to differ. He wanted to choose something else because it'd be more fun. Stimulating. But no. He couldn't because it'd be a pain later on.

Yes, here Sans lay. Staring up at his bedroom ceiling as his brain did mental gymnastics, trying to convince some part of him to ditch logic. To go to the support course and enjoy himself, but he was better than that.

The hero course was the best way for him to move forward. For him to have access to anything that could aid his mission because it gave him one thing he couldn't get from the internet.

A hero license.

He hated the idea. He understood it, but he despised it. He was given the choice to aim for whichever course U.A. provided and still had to choose the hardest one because, of course he did. Nothing can ever be as easy as paying $40 bucks to take a test.

Sans swallowed, knowing that the hero course gave him the best chance at capturing Frisk. Saving his kind. He couldn't be selfish. He just had to do what his brother would. This was for his brother. For his friends. For everyone back home.

Sans sighed, pushing himself up off his bed. He couldn't sit around moping all day because doing suck would only make the decision sting worse later on, so with great effort, Sans forced himself up and out into the dining room. He needed to eat something anyway, for whatever reason, he hadn't eaten.

At the table sat a man Sans had grown familiar with, sorting through stacks of paper, sprawling out different sheets in front of him and shoving others in new piles. It was a mess.

"you want a sanswich?" Sans asked, a slight smirk becoming complacent on his face. Aizawa responded with a snide 'ha ha', completely unenthused, before accepting the offer.

By this point Sans knew the way the man liked his sandwiches, he mixed together the different food items from the fridge and cupboard before returning to the table, two plates in hand. He placed one in front of Aizawa and one across from him for himself.

Aizawa pushed aside the paperwork, using his eating time as a break. The man looked up at the boy across from him as he chowed down on his sanswich, taking a moment to swallow before asking the question he'd needed to ask for the last while.

"Have you thought about what course you want to do?" The tired man asked. The white pinpricks of Sans' eyes darted up to him, seeming to buzz with thought for a moment before returning to the food in front of him.

"i was thinking, maybe the hero course?" He answered, he didn't seem all that happy about it, maybe even conflicted. Sans felt a little bit of him die on the inside. His choice was now set in stone. Sure, he could easily take it back, but... did he really want to? Yes. But he couldn't.

"I thought you would've been going for the support course with that friend of yours?" Aizawa had assumed that was his plan. It was a logical decision, and Aizawa had also found himself in a similar situation once. He waited for the boy to expand upon his reasoning, to pan out the golden specks shining through the dirt and water.

"i was planning to, but," The boy paused, taking a sip of water to wash down the food or to buy himself time to formulate an answer. "the hero course here is like, a huge thing, ya dig? there isn't any better one." Sans began. Over the time he'd been living in the apartment, he'd picked up some of the mannerisms Aizawa and the rest of the U.A. staff used, especially Yamada's.