6 - Lovingly Annoying.

Once again, Tsukasa woke filled with a warm sensation, this time even warmer, because he knew where he was now. He was where his heart truly desired all along. He was in Rui's kingdom.

He attempted to sit up, waiting to feel that same stinging feeling from earlier. But it wasn't there. He sat propped up against the feather filled pillows that lay on the bed with him, his body covered in soft grey pyjamas. Typical Rui.. everything has to be dark and edgy. Tsukasa looked around the very spacious room, only to find it borderline empty, only equipped with a wardrobe, desk, chair and the bed he currently lay on. "Wait a second.." Tsukasa spoke to himself. "If I can sit like this then.. maybe standing will work too!"

He pulled the duvet off of him and swung his legs over the side of the mattress. He placed both feet flat on the ground and used the bedpost to pull himself up.

Again, painless.

"This magic is weird.." He muttered.

The door suddenly flew open. "I thought I heard you up! Oh my- you're standing?! That spell definitely worked!" It was Rui, who sounded a lot happier than earlier. "Could you maybe tell me when you're going to cast weird spells on me?" Tsukasa joked. "Aww, but you looked so cute asleep, and it works better when the victim doesn't know it happened, anyway.." Rui walked over and pulled Tsukasa into his arms. "I'm just glad you're ok now"

Tsukasa wrapped his arms around Rui. "Rui I can't go back, she'll have me killed.. I will be treated like how the Princess was treated when she ran away.." Tsukasa whispered into his ear. "Don't worry about that-"

"Rui let me join your army, please, I want to work for you, at least I know that you won't kill me..." He said sheepishly, Rui could've sworn he could hear a few sobs from him. "Tsukasa my darling, don't worry about that please, we need to get you better first, and then we can talk about that, ok? You know what i've always said, you and your family are always welcome if you need it" He gently rubbed his hand along his husband's back in an attempt of comfort. "I know, but its hard"

"I know that, too.. Also about the Princess- no. You must be hungry, right? There's some food downstairs, and there's some people that i'd like you to meet!" Rui exclaimed. "Alright, sure!" Tsukasa seemed to cheer up at the thought of meeting Ruis acquaintances. He loved meeting new people, and Rui seemed to speak in a good tone about these people, so that made him happier to meet them.

The two made their way downstairs and approached the dining hall. "Rui, I really should've changed back into my uniform to meet them- wait.. where is my uniform?" Tsukasa asked. "I have it washed and put away, and it's fine, they know what happened to you so definitely won't be expecting any fancy dress or anything" Rui reassured him. "If you say so..."

Rui opened the door of the dining room and stepped inside, followed by the latter. Tsukasa's eyes widened at first glance. There were two girls, young adults, sitting at the table. One had long purple hair tied into a ponytail, and the other had long loose grey hair. "Mafuyu, Nene" Rui began. "I would like to introduce you to my husband, Tsukasa Tenma, and Tsukasa, I would like to introduce you to Nene Kusanagi and-"

"Princess Asahina!?!?" Tsukasa burst out. "Sir Tenma-! Hello!" The purple haired woman greeted him excitedly. Tsukasa tried to bow down to her out of instinct, but was met with a painful sensation in his stomach. "Aah- ow ow nope, I'm sorry I can't" He stood back up and apologised. "Tsukasa the spell only does so much, so go easy with yourself" Rui scolded him. "I forgot, sorry"

The two boys went over and sat down at the long dining table with the girls. "Nene is my assistant in legal documents and things like that, and Mafuyu is my assistant in the Kingdoms defence force" He explained. "It's lovely to meet you, Nene" Tsukasa smiled. "Likewise, Rui talks about you a lot" The grey haired girl joked. "Hey!" Rui's cheeks flushed pink. "You're acting like a highschooler, this is your husband, not some weird crush" Nene joked. She was right, but it was always kind of awkward for Rui and Tsukasa because of their long distance relationship. Not seeing each other for so long often made them act a bit soppy around each other. Amongst all of this, there was only one question that filled Tsukasa's mind.