5 - The Magic Of Feelings.

Tsukasa woke filled with a warm sensation. Wherever he was, he knew that this wasn't the battlefield anymore. He fluttered his eyes open, trying to adjust himself to the light. He was met with a calm voice. "Good morning, well, evening"

"Rui..? What happened..?" He slightly lifted his head to make sure it was really Rui he was talking to. "I'll explain everything in a moment, but just-"

"AHHHHHHH" Tsukasa yelled in agony as he tried to sit upright, instantly falling back down onto the mattress. "-Don't try to sit up.." Rui finished, letting out a sigh. "Ow-?! Why does that hurt so much!?" Tsukasa groaned. "You got shot, remember? The only way to heal you in this kingdom was magic, and because the Asahina kingdom doesn't use magic, your body will be trying to get used to this new feeling.." Rui explained. "That sounds so weird.." Tsukasa sighed, causing a laugh from Rui. "Don't you dare make a weird joke"

"I won't, I won't, anyway, you should rest for a while, I'm going to go do some work" He kissed his husbands cheek. "Nooo~ don't go.." Tsukasa whined. "Oh? Where is this new clinginess coming from?" Rui asked jokingly. "Shut up, blame whatever magic you used, plus I haven't seen you in months!~"

"Alright, fine, but I still need to work, so you can come with me, if I help you up do you think you can try walking?" He asked. "I'll try, just, here" Tsukasa held out his hand, to which Rui followed by placing one of his own hands over Tsukasa's, and the other gently around Tsukasa's back. With a slight squeal from Tsukasa, they both stood beside the bed, Rui supporting his husbands posture. "You ok?" He asked. Tsukasa let out a sigh of relief before answering. "Yeah! It doesn't hurt as bad when I stand!" He beamed. "That's good, now, let's go"

They held hands as they slowly walked down the seemingly endless hallway towards Rui's office. "This place looks different.." Tsukasa couldn't put his finger on it, but something had changed about the safe-house. "Maybe it's because it's a whole new building?"

Tsukasa looked at him in shock. "What?"

"Let's just say, opposing nations found out where I lived.." Rui began. "Are you really that wanted?" Tsukasa asked. "Wanted enough that there were a few assassination attempts, so I moved" He said, scarily calm. "Assassinate?! That's so dangerous, Rui!?" Tsukasa yelled. "Says you? Tsukasa you can't even begin to scold me on danger, because you agreed to a no-return mission! Why would you do that?!" Rui slightly raised his voice in return. He didn't know where all of this was coming from. He should be happy, he gets to see his husband, alive. So why was he so.. angry at him?

"I got chosen-! I couldn't-"

"And you got shot!? Tsukasa we both know that my people don't know about us, they don't know not to attack! To them, you are an Asahina kingdom knight, not the Kings husband-! If I hadn't found you when I did, you would be DEAD.! And it's a miracle that you can still even move, because I genuinely thought you weren't going to make it." They both stood there and stared at each other for a few seconds. "H-how did you know that it was a no-return mission?" Tsukasa asked nervously. "Because that Queen of yours can't keep ANYTHING to herself! She sent a letter addressed to the Hinomori kingdom, detailing her whole plan and wondering if she could be accompanied, but forgot that it has to pass through here first, and that by law I have the right to open any suspicious mail that passes through MY kingdom, so that's how I know. And you, huh? I thought you would tell me! Normally you let me know when you are coming!?" He explained. "We got so little notice-"

"So? Our Kingdoms border each other, the least the mail would've taken is a day. Imagine if you HAD been killed today, Tsukasa? What would've happened then?" He argued. Tears began to form in Tsukasa's eyes. "Rui.. I'm sorry.. I just.. I don't know..!" He cried.

Rui's eyes widened. What had he done? None of this was Tsukasa's fault. It was Queen Asahina's fault, yet here he was arguing with his husband when he was nearly dying only a few hours ago. Rui instantly cupped Tsukasa's cheeks with his hands. "No no no, please don't cry, I didn't mean for.." He stuttered. "I just wanted to say that.. it was stupid to say yes to that mission, but I get it, you had no choice, I'm sorry, but you still should have told me, I could have located you faster"

"I'm capable of defending myself out there, i've been doing it long enough, You're treating me like a five year old" Tsukasa sniffled. "I know, but still, also don't blame me, you know i'm not good at comforting people, anyway, atleast I get to see you again?" Rui smiled, causing Tsukasa to let out a small laugh. "Why are you like this?" He smiled back at him. "I just am, and I can see that maybe bringing you to work with me is a bad idea"

"What, why?!" Tsukasa scoffed. "Because you are never this emotional, I'm guessing it might be the magic..?" Rui said. "Are we just going to blame the magic for everything?" Tsukasa asked jokingly. "No, I'm being serious, this stuff has weird effects to those who haven't experienced it before, and obviously you're one of those people, so back to bed you go" Rui commanded. "Why..? So I got up for nothing?" Tsukasa whined. "Not necessarily, we know you can still walk at least, but also technically yes, but i'm just afraid that this argument will escalate more, and I don't want that, because Tsukasa.." Rui kissed him tenderly on the lips, his softness filling Tsukasa's heart with joy. "I'm so happy you're alive" Rui turned around and they began making their way back towards the room Tsukasa was originally in. "I guess that's something, hey! Why do you keep treating me like your child!? We're married!" He shouted. "Because you're acting like a child, but it's fine, it'll wear off eventually, plus, did the kiss not give it away? That I love you, as my husband?"

"I suppose.. yeah.. that was nice, actually, I haven't felt that in a long time.." Tsukasa blushed. "Well, get used to it then" He winked at him.

Rui continued to guide Tsukasa back to his room, which now looked much bigger to Tsukasa than before, and waited until Tsukasa had dozed off to sleep again. He then made his way to his office to do what he was supposed to get done.

His office was very messy, stacks and loose sheets of paper everywhere, different feather quills spilled across his desk, and ink stains on nearly everything. There were important documents lying around like they were nothing, and everything was nearly impossible to navigate. "Where is it-" He muttered, spinning around in his hair and rummaging through the floor. There was a sudden knock at the door. "Tsukasa that better not be you" He joked. The door slowly creaked open. "Nope, Just me" The voice of a young-ish woman followed. "Ah, it's just you, need anything?" He asked sweetly. "Um.. I just want to know how he was, how is Sir Tenma doing?" She asked. "Well.."

"Was the wound fatal?" She added. "It was for a while, but I managed to get it just in time, the magic is really affecting him though, he's acting a bit like a child, but I can't blame him, anyway he's resting now, so you can see him later when he wakes up, I'm sure he'll be joining us for dinner" He explained. "Ah, that's good" She smiled. "I'm assuming Nene told you that he was here then?" He questioned. "Yeah, she told me that she saw you carrying him upstairs, so I had to check for myself.." She said. "Alright them, that makes more sense."

"Um, I'll leave you now, I'm sorry for disturbing you!" She stammered awkwardly. She began to close the door as she left.

"No problem, Mafuyu"