♡Info♡

Hello! Welcome to Hypegirl 101, a sequel to the canceled Matchmaker 101. One of the main things that separates this from the original series is that it's focused more on creativity and knowledge as the readers sip my annonymous tea. For example, each day is fit with a Lovesong of the Day. These lovesongs will be put in a Spotify playlist called "Hypegirl Lovesongs of The Day." Another new thing is, especially on days when nothing happens, some days will be attached to lessons explaining some things that are relevant to the journal (expls: an in-depth analysis of my gaydar and proudness, what makes a hypegirl a hypegirl, how to use subtlety to make romantic impact, ect.) These lessons will not only give the readers a better understanding of me as a person, but will also give you guys a better understanding of what's going on in the journal itself.

DISCLAIMER: You'll only get some of the letter names if you read the first journal, so I'd recommend checking that out if you're new

Now, to actually set the stage for the romantic landscape that we're going into 2024 with. Firstly, D likes a boy who I'll call Glass. Glass and I are both in my school's Newspaper Club and we talk semi regularly at the weekly newspaper meetings. The teacher in charge of the club is splitting it up into two different groups in order to meet the interests of the students who want faster newspaper cycles. My goal here is to be placed into the same group as Glass and have us work on a big article together at some point. This would give us the opportunity to talk a lot more, which would give me, and D, more insight into his personality and interests. This could also lead to them getting to know each other themselves, as D and I are sisters. But don't get it twisted, I'm not trying to force them into a relationship or get Glass to like her back like what I would've done in Matchmaker. Instead, a girl actually getting to know her crush is a huge step, don't you think? D getting to know Glass better through me is going to be beneficial for her for sure.

The only friend of mine with a crush right now is W, who likes K. In this case, we're at a similar crossroads we were at with last year's C x O. I'll go more in depth on this in my gaydar lesson, but just because two people are both queer doesn't mean that they'll get together. That's the principle guiding how I handle this crush. While yes, both W and K like girls and W likes K, that doesn't mean K likes or will ever like W back. It's harsh, but the truth. That paired with the fact that they're already friends who talk everyday make me slightly unsure of how to use my hypegirl status here without doing some like-her-back, black magical scheme like in Matchmaker. Again, the goal here isn't to force K to like W back, it's to be a supportive hypegirl who mearly HELPS my friends in their romantic pursuits (not doing the pursuing myself). Yes I can help and be involved, but no shipping, no forcing, no love spells, none of that.

Luckily, I have 8 days until I come back to school, which means I have 8 days to figure that out. I hope yall are excited for when I start writing, so that way yall can see how I handle it like a hypegirl ;)

Clarifiers (for people who already read Matchmaker):

Firstly, a lot of the relationships I mentioned in the journal broke up shortly after I stopped writing. Earth and Fire broke up, J and her boyfriend broke up, and R and his girlfriend (of around 5 years might I add) broke up. I have no idea if L and Y are still together. The only couple I know for sure are still together is Z and her partner.

There's also some other new stuff that I thought would be important to mention. For one, K got over G shortly after I stopped writing and she hasn't had a crush since. Secondly, Morgan probably won't play as big of a role as she did last book, since she moved across the country over the summer. I really miss her but that's beside the point. Thirdly, C x M was fully revived as a ship shortly after I stopped. K and I especially went crazy with it, about as crazy as we went with them on that original January the ship began. We continued until the middle of June and I pledged to stop shipping for good after that clownery. Finally, all eyes are on C and I now. A lot of people think we're a couple. A LOT. We've been asked constantly if we're dating since the start of the year and it hasn't slowed down. People have definitely crossed the line with me a bit when it comes to that, but even if they aren't being outwardly disrespectful, it still makes me uncomfortable (I'm aroace, I don't even like guys)