Part 4; The Final Chapter

Saturday afternoon at the Friendship United Methodist Church, Webster and Gus are there. Webster and Ethel are getting married. Their small wedding is being officiated by the Reverend Dr. Sandy.

Webster and Gus are inside this room near the sanctuary. Gus, serving as the best man asks Webster, "So cuz, are you ready to take the plunge?" Webster replies, "Ready, I been ready. I can't believe after all these years; I'm finally settling down to get married. I wished my mom, is alive to see this, her boy getting married." Gus tells him, "Everything is going to be fine Cuz. You and her ought to know each other by now." Webster says, "It's true."

Standing at the Altar are Webster, Ethel and the Rev. Sandy. Gus is next to Webster and Ethel's female best friend, Lydia serving as her maid-of-honor in the eyes of attendees. Rev. Sandy is officiating, "Dearly Beloved, we are gathered together here in the sign of God, here at Friendship United Methodist Church to join together this man and this woman in holy matrimony...Will you Brother Webster Hudson take Sister Ethel Davis, as your loving wife?" Smiling, Webster responds looking at Ethel holding hands, "I do!" And you, Sister Ethel Davis, will you take Brother Webster Hudson as your loving husband?" Smiling, Ethel looking at Webster saying still holding his hands, "I do!" They exchange rings and the Rev. Sandy tells them, "I'm so glad you two have agreed to come together as one under God. Letting know man put asunder. By the power vested in me, under God and state of New York; I pronounce you husband and wife. Everyone, I present Mister and Misses Webster and Ethel Hudson. (To Webster) Now you will kiss the bride." Smiling, Webster and Ethel have a long kiss. They kiss last so long, that Gus had to clear his throat, "Ahem, save some for the honeymoon, you two." Webster and Ethel stop to take a breather, walking the aisle going outdoors to the rental car on the way to the reception, with everyone cheering them on.

Later Gus is at home with one of his ladies, who was also at the wedding as his guest, Evelyn. Evelyn tells him, "That sure was a wonderful wedding and the reception. You still got it on the dance floor Gus, especially with the electric slide, dancing like James Brown and what a wonderful speech you gave. Who was that strange lady you were talking with and she gave such a long speech." Gus replies, "Oh, that was May. A cousin of Ethel and she knows me and Webster from way back. In fact, her late husband, Charles and I were the best of friends for a long time. May can sure talk up a storm and many times, poor Charles had to leave his house plenty to times just to get away from her. I was surprised that we were talking and I wanted to get away from her, with her gabbing and I thought she couldn't stand me with her cranky self." Evelyn is laughing, the phone is ringing, Gus answers it and it's Webster asking, "Gus, you busy?" Gus tells him, "You should be the one who should be busy with your wife, celebrating your honeymoon not talking with me on the telephone. Why you calling Cuz, need instructions, can't get hard or you and the church lady had an argument." Laughing, Webster tells him, "Everything is fine, me and Ethel did it, but" Confused, Gus asks him, "but what? Why are you calling?" Webster tells him, "I need a drink! Jack Daniels Whiskey, Gus!" Laughing, Gus tells him, "You called me up, because you need to drink some whiskey." Webster tells him, "Yep!" Gus and Webster talk, Gus hangs up the phone and tells Evelyn, "Can't you believe Webster called and tells me he needs a drink." Laughing, Evelyn replies, "Seriously, during his honeymoon." Gus tells her, "Yep and I told him, he oft to be making love to his wife, not a glass or bottle of whiskey. If he can survive years without liquor while he was in the joint, he can survive one of few nights without it.' He tells me, 'Evelyn and I did make love.' I told him, 'Do it again.' I also told him, you're here with me and I would love to make love, also. He understood and we laughed before hanging up." Gus and Evelyn talk and across town, Webster and his new wife, Ethel are enjoying their honeymoon cuddling up.

THE END