Part 3

Monday afternoon at Gus place, Webster opening the door to the bathroom while spraying with air freshener then turning off the light. Gus tells him, "Nice of you to stop by and use my bathroom as a rest stop cuz!" Webster tells him, "Had to get that load out of me, Gus! Check this out (as Gus and Webster enter the living room to talk). Yesterday morning, Ethel almost put me out!" Gus tells him, "Now, what did you do, what happened?" Webster tells him, "It's not what I done, it's what I didn't want to do!" Gus asks him, "What didn't you want to do, Webster?" Webster replies, "She wanted me to go to church with her and I told her NO! (Gus is laughing) I told her no way I'm going to sit up in some church with some Sunday morning hypocrites listening to some jive preacher, no way! She tells me I can no longer stay here, along with being with her if I refuse. Not only does she want me to go, she wants me to join. She also tells me we don't have to go every Sunday. How about no Sundays, I told her while I was busy packing my stuff and she also tells me what I would be missing out; a good home with a delicious home cook meal, she can really cook and she shows off her sexy body to me smiling as we talk and I'm staring at the bronze body of hers with that beautiful smile reminding me (pausing)." Gus asks him, "What happened cuz?" Webster tells him, "You're looking at the newest member of the Friendship United Methodist Church. The church Ethel and now I am members of and her pastor, the Reverend, Doctor Sandy Lorenzo told me, 'That it is blessing to have you as our newest member, Brother Webster. Sister Ethel told me everything about you. Including your incarceration and no need to feel different here Brother Webster, many brothers and sisters here at the Friendship United Method Church have made lot of mistakes; overall, we are not perfect." Then Ethel tells the Reverend Lorenzo that she is going to make sure I stay retire and she also told him that we are going to go home and have ourselves an after-church delight and the Reverend tell us, "Good for the both of you and God bless!". We went home and had ourselves an after-church delight. If you know what I mean (raising his eyebrows)!" Gus looking at Webster with his mouth agape with his right index finger up wanting to say something, he could not figure out what to say as he stares at the floor again, folding his hands and shaking his head side to side with Webster looking at Gus grinning also a bit wondering what Gus is going to say to him and Gus tells him, "Let's have some Jack!" "I'm with ya", Says Webster as he and Gus talk some more while having glasses of whiskey.