prologue

At Central High School, whispers of scholarly brilliance revolved around two names: Vidhi Sharma and Yuvraj singh Malhotra. Scholars on scholarship, their clashes reverberated through the corridors, a reflection to their shared journey of resilience against financial barriers.

Their rivalry was etched into the school's lore—every debate crackled with tension, each argument a battlefield where intellect and pride clashed with fervor.

The sun dipped behind the school buildings, casting elongated shadows across the courtyard as students hustled to their next class. Vidhi, laden with textbooks, hurried through the throng of students, determined to reach the debate society meeting on time.

"Caught up yet, Sharma?" Yuvraj's voice sliced through the buzz of the corridor, accompanied by a smug grin that mirrored the setting sun's last gleam. His posture exuded confidence, his casual lean against the lockers a testament to his ease.

Vidhi halted in her tracks, shooting a glance in Yuvraj's direction. Her grip tightened on the textbooks, her determined gaze meeting his with a flash of competitive fire. "Give it a rest, Malhotra. You're not the oracle you think you are," she retorted, her voice steady but edged with a challenge.

Their exchange caused a ripple among the passing students, some stopping briefly to catch the verbal duel between the school's intellectual titans.

However,underneath their banter brewed a shared battle against financial limitations, their scholarships serving as lifelines to a promising future.

****

The auditorium crackled with tension, alive with the fervor of a debate competition. Yuvraj, exuding charm and intellect, faced off against Vidhi, her determination evident in every poised gesture and unwavering argument.

"Can't resist trying to prove me wrong, can you, Sharma?" Yuvraj's voice carried a mix of playful mischief and genuine admiration for Vidhi's unwavering resolve as they engaged in their intense verbal sparring.

"You're making it too easy, Malhotra. Need to up your game," Vidhi retorted, her words edged with a hint of challenge but softened by an undeniable acknowledgment of Yuvraj's sharp intellect.

Their verbal duel, vibrant with competition, concealed a deeper connection—moments shared across the library, silent nods during their debates—all hinting at an unspoken understanding.

****

The library stood as a sanctuary for scholarly pursuits, bathed in the soft glow of reading lamps and the faint scent of aged books. Vidhi was engrossed in her studies when Yuvraj strolled in, a smirk adorning his face.

"Library again, Sharma? Maybe you’ll stumble upon the answer this time," Yuvraj teased, settling into a seat beside her with a playful smirk dancing on his lips.

"At least I’m seeking answers, not just skimming surfaces like you, Malhotra," Vidhi retorted, a teasing glint in her eyes as a subtle smile betrayed her quick-witted response.

Their banter was a familiar melody echoing in the quiet expanse, their shared space often observed by friends who noticed the shifts in their interactions. Moments of shared amusement, whispered exchanges that held deeper meaning, and playful teasing—all hinted at an unspoken admiration brewing between the two.

Their exchanges were not mere debates; they were threads weaving an unspoken connection. Amidst the pursuit of academic excellence, amidst whispered conversations and shared glances, a silent acknowledgment blossomed—a connection nurtured through unspoken conversations and silent glances, resonating in moments of mutual understanding.

****