𝐢𝐢. 𝐢 𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐬

chapter two

chapter two

⤷ 𝙞 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙜𝙪𝙢𝙢𝙮 𝙬𝙤𝙧𝙢𝙨

༺☆༻

THE HERMES CABIN was loud, full of pranksters with sharp noses and mischievous smiles. Anya held the door open for Percy as he walked in, hardly noticed by the rest of the cabin.

Anya, on the other hand, was known by everybody. A chorus of voices yelling "Hey Anya!" sounded from the bunks before they resumed planning the next prank of the evening. Percy nearly jumped as Luke appeared behind Anya, pressing his finger to his lips as he crouched down.

The older boy grabbed Anya by the shoulders. "Boo!"

Percy heard a yelp, and in the next second, the Hermes counselor was groaning on his back.

He huffed in pain as Anya placed a foot on his stomach, waving her fingers in front of his face. "Hey idiot, how's it going?"

Luke groaned again, throwing up two weak thumbs-up. "Just peachy, Stasia. Miss me?"

"Sure," Anya smiled, lifting her foot off his chest to pull him up. She let out a laugh when he winced and reached for his back. "You're gonna need to try something new next time, old man."

Luke scowled, turning to Percy. "She was your tour guide? Yikes, I'm sorry."

Anya pushed him, hard. Percy concealed a nervous laugh as Luke stumbled across the room.

Luckily for him, Luke burst out laughing as well. "I'm kidding. Stasia here knows just about everything to do with camp." He threw his arm around Anya, who grinned. The two had always been close, like brother and sister.

When Luke had first arrived at camp, they bonded quickly over their dislike of pickles. Later, because they both hated their parents for leaving them alone.

"Hey Doc, Travis tore his stitches!"

Anya's face warped into a scowl as Luke dropped his arm, amused. "I swear to the gods, Travis!" She began to walk towards the Stolls' bunk, before turning back. "It was nice meeting you Percy. Tell me if Luke tries to scare you away."

Once she had fixed Travis's wound with much swearing on her part, Anya flopped onto her bed. The old, wooden frame was rickety and surrounded by sleeping bags and backpacks.

Her bunk was just across from Luke's, arranged in order of seniority. Technically, she'd been there far longer than any of the campers. But, Luke was the oldest so he was cabin counselor. Also, he was the actual Hermes kid.

For the millionth time, her thoughts wandered to her parents. Who were they? Which one was the god? Did they like chocolate? Man, being Athena's daughter would be really cool. Ares? Not so much.