Kiss It All Better

Riku laid down on the cold, hard bed. He was stuck in this miserable place. He was stuck here without Xion... He closed his eyes and reflected back to that night.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Riku heard the sound and ran outside. He saw the gun, still smoking, left on the ground. He saw Xion, bleeding. He took his love in his arms. 'The coward... Couldn't face anyone... Just dropped his gun and ran...' Riku thought, his eyes filling with tears.
"Riku... Please.. Kiss it all better..."
The tears fell from Riku's eyes at the sounds of their inside joke.
"Riku... I'm not ready for this... I'm not ready to go..."
"I know, my dear.... I'm so sorry.... I should have been able to protect you..."
"It's not your fault, my love... Don't beat yourself up... You didn't know..."
Xion's eyes closed. Her hands felt like ice. Riku knew she was gone. He leaned down and kissed her face. He looked away and noticed the gun. His sorrow was momentarily replaced by rage.
"I will avenge you, my love. I couldn't protect you, but I can and will avenge you."
He gently laid her down and went to pick up the gun. He hunted the man down. When he finally found him, Riku was enraged at him and his casual way of speaking.
"Who are you?" the man asked.
"I'm the one who's life you ruined. The one who's world you tore apart."
"You're...the girl...her boyfriend..?"
"Yes. You stole her life. You destroyed my world."
"I didn't know she had a lover. I'm-"
"You're what?! Sorry?!"
The man looked at Riku with fear in his eyes and nodded.
"Sorry?! SORRY WON'T BRING HER BACK! YOU KILLED HER!"
"Calm down! I know sorry won't bring her back! But neither will-"
"ROT IN HELL!"
Riku pulled the trigger.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'Well... Now I'm here.. In prison... Stuck here twenty-five to life... Without Xion... Killing that man didn't bring her back...' Riku thought, 'Nothing will bring her back...'
"I'm sorry, Xion... I wish I could've kissed it all better..." Riku whispered in the darkness.
"Stay with me, Xion... Until I fall asleep... Stay with me..."
Riku closed his eyes and prepared to endure the days ahead