The Not so Wise Man (#star)

The Four Magi traveled across the arid lands, their camels laden with gifts for the New King.

Wind storms whipped their procession across the desert. Sand stung their eyes. Tired and dusty the men felt relieved as night fell, signalling it was time to make camp and rest for the night. Casper wiped his wrinkled face with a cloth.

"Are you sure it's that star?" asked Jimmy for the hundredth time pointing to the star over Bethlehem. "And not that star?" He pointed nearly forty-five degrees to the north.

"Yes, I'm sure," replied Casper, irritated.

On the first morning Jimmy had enthusiastically woken his fellow magi to cups of hot tea from the sachels of gifts meant for the New King. This would have been ok with everyone if Jimmy hadn't accidentally spilt the rest of the supply into a heap of steaming pile of camel dung.

"My bad," Jimmy had said.

"We have plenty of other gifts for the New King," said Casper, frustrated the precious tea he had carried so far was now gone.

Every night the men lay down in the tent to rest their weary bones. The first thing Jimmy would do is let out a big fart.

"We have been outside for sixteen hours. You couldn't have farted before you got into the tent?" asked Melcior.

"I can't fart until I lie down and feel comfortable," replied Jimmy.

After that Jimmy wasn't allowed into the tent until he had laid down outside and let out the noxious odors from his behind.

"Why did you decide to bring the New King rocks?" Jimmy had asked Balthazar one day.

"They aren't rocks, they are myrrh," replied Balthazar, with a sigh. "It's a resin that you can use to make perfume or incense." 

"Oh," said Jimmy. "I thought your camel looked tired so I tossed some of them at the last place we camped." Jimmy nodded over his shoulder to the mountain they had just spent the whole day crossing.

"At this rate we are going to show up with nothing for the New King," whispered Melchior to Casper. Casper nodded in agreement.

When they were within one day's journey to Bethlehem and knew they would soon meet the New King, they celebrated by sharing a few bottles of wine. Merry with drink, Jimmy's travel companions forgave his faults. 

Until they got into the tent.

"Have you ever heard anyone snore this badly?" Balthazar asked.

"It sounds worse than my wife and my mother-in-law put together," said Melchior.

"That sound could torture the devil himself," said Casper. "Roll him on his side."

"Buddy," said Balthazar, "roll over." When that didn't work he rolled Jimmy in his sleep and Jimmy let out a massive fart.

"Good Lord!" said Casper I'm going to go sleep with the camels outside under the stars. Balthazar and Melchior grabbed their blankets and joined Casper evacuating the tent. Jimmy slept in the next morning alone in the tent.

Three Magi traveled across the arid lands, their camels laden with gifts for the New King.