Moonlight Music

WC - 2k words

The plush mattress that usually made Kaori pass out in a heartbeat, didn't work as normal. She laid on the bed still wide awake, as the sound of her siblings snoring loudly filled the room.

Kaori's eyes held a sadness that she had skillfully mastered to conceal it from her family and friends. Memories of team 7's meeting with Sasuke after two and a half years kept running through her mind like a never ending movie that kept repeating, no matter how much she begged her mind to stop and give her a break.

Flashback:

"So Kaori, you're here as well?"

Sasuke's cold and emotionless voice rang out as she froze. Kaori  looked at the boy perched up on the precipice while her hands were shaking.

His onyx eyes ran over her, taking in how Kaori had changed and matured over the past years. Her deep brown hair had grown much longer than what he remembered, and it was as curly as ever.

Her eyes seemed to be an ever brighter green than before. She had a fuller chest and as much as Sasuke hated to admit, she had grown to become very pretty.

"You've changed quite a bit haven't you, but it looks like you've only grown around an inch or two from the last time I saw you", he said with a small smirk.

"Sasuke...", Naruto growled in fustration.

Sakura whimpered slightly in the background and Sai stood, not moving a muscle, as he analysed Kaori's expressions and reactions. He wanted to gain a deeper understanding of what emotions were.

They all looked at the brown haired girl with sympathy, as it was no secret that she held a deep affection for the Uchiha, but she was certain that Sasuke held no ounce of feelings toward her.

After all, he hadn't given a single thought about leaving the village even after Kaori had talked to him just hours before.

In an instant, all of Kaori's thoughts came to a halt as Sasuke had moved with such immense speed, it appeared as though he had teleported to where the Konoha shinobi stood.

Sasuke now stood directly in front of them with an arm draped over Naruto's shoulder, his eyes looked straight into Kaori's, who was right up in front of him.

He whispered something unintelligible in Naruto's ear, causing the latter's eyes to widen as he responded back confidently.

"What kind of Hokage can't even save one friend?"

Sasuke scoffed at Naruto's words that seemed childish and naive to him. He pulled out his sword and swung it, aiming to kill Naruto but was stopped by a certain Kunoichi. Kaori was sure as hell not going to allow anyone to harm one of her best friends.

She dashed behind Naruto and pulled out her own sword just in the nick of time.

It clashed against Sasuke's sword as he narrowed his eyes at her in a menacing way, that was sure to have anyone shiver in fear, but Kaori wasn't about to relent. Sai pulled Naruto away from them to make sure he didn't get injured.

The two then engaged in a battle of swords, the clashing and clanging sounds filling the space and they moved around the room blocking each other's attacks.

"I may be confident in my abilities, but even I'm not strong or stupid enough to swordfight against a master swordswoman," Sasuke called out haughtily.

Without leaving Kaori any time to comprehend his words he dashed off, and impaled Captain Yamato with his blade and the chidori.

"NO", Naruto, Sakura and Kaori exclaimed at the same time.

What should I do? WHAT SHOULD I DO?!