REN LI

Ren had been born the sole heir to his father's throne

Ren had been born the sole heir to his father's throne. His mother had managed to pass down the traits of albinism to Ren, resulting in him being born with white hair, red eyes, and pale skin.

Even with this genetic defect, Ren continued to live a decent childhood. He was an outdoorsy kid who developed a fondness for dragons at an early age, a fondness which Ren's mother encouraged. At an age of 8, Ren was given a baby dragon to raise and care for. This dragon would later become known as Phoenix, his wyvern.

Throughout his teens, Ren began to train and soon started partaking in dragon races. Not wishing for Ren's sole hobby to be dragon racing, Ren's father arranged for him to also learn swordfighting throughout his teen years.

Things were put to a sudden halt when Ren's mother, the queen, would unfortunately pass away due to an unknown illness. This left Ren under the care of his father, the king.

Their relationship had slowly begun to sour as Ren grew older, until their relationship as father and son would end abruptly. This was because Ren had admitted to his father that he was gay.

With this confession taking place just days before his arranged coronation, the king was horrendously pissed. Ren knew well enough that his father had a large hatred towards homosexuality, but hadn't expected for his father to drag him away to the dungeons in order to beat him with a whip.

Even after enduring this harsh treatment, Ren went on to receive his coronation, though he wouldn't be receiving the crown.

At some point years later, Ren would be sent off to partake in a war for a couple of years. The king had the intention of sending Ren off with hopes that Ren would die in battle.

This wasn't the case, as Ryan returned home with nothing more than a decent lengthed scar across the cheek. From that point on, Ren continues to partake in dragon races with Phoenix as his dragon, and he'd continue to be secretive about many more things simply because of his father.

He had remained oblivious and not affected by the two Fate's waging war on each other, until Igneus took one of Ren's ships to go and revive a dead sea dragon at the bottom of the ocean, only for the animalistic Arthur Fate to escape.

After Arthur escaped and Shuriken saved Ren, Ren went to Kain and Ryan's cabin, to help them in the battle as the impatient Igneus went after Kain.

After the Battle of The Fates Ren returned home, and after a few years the Laelan Dynasty hosted a dragon race, similar to the Olympics, where our story begins.