Chapter 4

1 Week Later

"You okay?"

Louis was nervous and hated that Harry could pick up on it. "What if he doesn't like me?"

"Impossible," Harry scoffed as he squeezed his hand and opened his apartment's door for him. "He googles you relentlessly and fell faster than I did."

Those were the words Louis needed to hear to try to relax. "I feel like I need to ask his blessing or something to see you."

"Stop it," Harry shoved his head playfully, making the older man giggle as they stepped into the foyer. "You don't have to worry. He's gonna love you."

Louis could feel the blush rising on his cheeks as Harry kissed his temple and started leading him to the living room.

"Hey! Guys!"

They were sure their entertained faces were obvious, with Niall waving excitedly from where he was sitting on the couch.

Harry rolled his eyes fondly when the Irish man bounded out of his seat to hug them, despite the green-eyed man seeing him just two hours ago.

"Haz really did score big, huh? Look at you!" Niall was beaming as he wrapped his arms around Louis. "Looking even better than the first time I saw ya."

The shorter man was definitely a little startled but smiling nonetheless as he hugged him back. "It's great to really meet ya, mate."

"You too," Niall's smile couldn't fall as they sat on the other couch. "And congrats on the reviews on Teddy's album. I listened to it, and it's insane, dude."

"Thanks, I really appreciate that," Louis grinned genuinely, and loved to feel Harry's hand along his thigh and see him smile just as much.

Every day, Harry looks at the album reviews and sees where it stands on the charts. At one point, there was such a great review the curly-haired man barged into the bathroom while Louis was peeing just to scream the news.

"Teddy is actually thinking about doing a few shows in the City soon if you guys wanna go," Louis offered, and as soon as he did, Niall lit up. "You can meet him and everything."

"Keep him," Niall pointedly looked at Harry, not needing any convincing besides this and what his best mate told him about Louis.

"Oh, that was easy," Louis joked.

"Listen, this kid-"

"I'm not a kid," Harry rolled his eyes at Niall.

"Whatever," he waved off. "Harry has never done this, nothing like this," Louis had to understand. "I've seen him home for maybe 12 hours the past week, and when he is home, all he talks about is you."

Harry couldn't hide his embarrassment, but he tried by shielding his face with his hand. At least Louis was grinning like mad.

"Can't say I've been any better. I've gotten virtually no work done the past week," Louis chuckled just as Niall got up.

"Too busy reenacting musicals with this guy?" Niall teased and winked at Harry before heading into the connecting kitchen.

Louis' face went red, not even sure how many he and Harry played through in the music room.

"So, Harry's reason for being absolutely obsessed with musicals makes sense, but what's yours?" Niall raised an eyebrow at the blue-eyed man as he came back with three beers and set them on the coffee table.

Louis opened his mouth, for a moment looking at Harry and feeling him shift uncomfortably next to him. They've never talked about this, almost like they were too astonished to find someone who hyper-focuses as much as they do and never questioned why the other has such a love.