Chapter 3

Harry furrowed his eyebrows as he read Louis' text, his brain immediately going into a frenzy that he gave the blue-eyed man the wrong time.

His feet already started moving faster, knowing he most definitely looked a little frazzled as he left out the stage door and began to type out a reply in a panic.

"H!!"

Harry spun around, his eyes going wide as he saw Louis excitedly waving behind the barricade. "H-holy, uh, hey!" He was surprised and didn't know he could light up so fast at the sight of someone.

Louis rushed to the end of the barricade, and his smile was impossible to fight as he saw Harry moving just as fast to meet him. "Hey! How was-" he was shocked Harry didn't even let him finish before he was kissing him, and how easily Louis melted into it quickly brought back that warmth he'd been chasing since this morning. "The show?" he chuckled once Harry pulled away.

"It was great, but I definitely threw in some 32nds. Not sorry about it at all," Harry laughed before pecking his cheek and pulling him into his chest.

Louis hugged him as best he could with the younger man having a backpack, just feeling his strong arms around him had his pulse picking up. "You really are quite the rebel."

Harry rolled his eyes fondly, "what are you doing here?"

"Thought I'd give you a hand carrying groceries home," Louis shrugged, not wanting to admit how impatient he was to see him outwardly.

"You're too cute," Harry muttered through his smile, having a feeling that wasn't the entire truth. "Note taken to stay on my toes with you. Good thing I already changed."

Louis let out a small, embarrassed laugh, knowing his cheeks were going pink. But just as he was about to speak up, he heard someone calling his name.

"Louis!"

Both he and Harry turned their heads to the voice, and as soon as the green-eyed man saw who it was, he held onto Louis a little tighter.

"Hey Aaron," Louis smiled at the actor as he came up to them.

"Hey, I uh-" Aaron's eyes went between Louis and his coworker. "I didn't know you were dating Henry."

"It's Harry," the curly-haired man corrected him lowly. "And you know it, so stop acting, for once."

Louis was a bit surprised by Harry's tone, but was it bad he kind of liked it?

"Like I should have to remember," Aaron rolled his eyes. "The only thing I remember about you is how much you messed up tonight."

Harry's gaze bored into him. "It's called breaking apart beats. I'm so sorry your unimaginative mind can't comprehend adding texture," he said sarcastically.

"There's a music score for a reason, and you fuck with it every chance you get," Aaron took a step closer to them. "It's obvious you never went to school."

Louis went still, having no clue how Harry would react, and he swears he saw fire behind the younger man's eyes.

"Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue," Harry refused to break his stare from Aaron. "Who said it?"

"What?" Aaron asked, confused.

Harry scoffed and rolled his eyes, almost amused. "Plato did. How's that college education working out for you, bud?" he asked rhetorically, only for the other man to look at him close to shocked. "Think about the quote while you leave."

Louis was stunned and way too turned on in public as he watched Aaron walk away, almost like a dog with its tail between its legs.

"I'm sorry," Harry pinched the bridge of his nose as he tried to calm his breathing. "There are a few things I detest about that guy, number one being how he looks at you," he said through a timid chuckle.