Episode Two: Orientation

🍥

Kyoko Kanemitsu didn't return until everyone was asleep so when her family greeted the woman for breakfast, she filled them in on what happened.

"One of the jounin, Mizuki, tricked Naruto into stealing the scroll," she said. "Made up some lies to make Naruto trust him."

"Mizuki? Isn't that one of our exam instructors?" Akimitsu asked.

"That's right."

"Hm, no wonder he wanted to speak to Naruto," Kagami realized. "I should see him."

"No time honey," her father said as he walked towards his family. He kissed his wife on the lips and ruffled each of his kids' hair. "You need to eat then head straight for the academy. You can't miss hearing who your team would be."

Kyouya scoffed as his mother filled his plate with food. "Why guess when we all know the three of us would be in a team."

Kyoko paused on filling the plate for his siblings to look at him. "Yes, but wouldn't you want to learn whose team your friends end up in? Like Hinata for example?"

Perking up at the name, Kyouya picked his food and ate, chewing happily. "Ah, yeah that's true."

"And Naruto too. I'd want to know who would be handling him," Kagami said with a slight chuckle. It was no secret that the blonde was loud, rash and a handful. So whoever got paired with him should wish themselves patience.

"Naruto didn't graduate, remember?" Kyouya blurted.

The slight smile vanished, the words hit like a harsh wind. Kagami's shoulders sagged and she gazed at her food with a solemn look.

"Right..." she muttered.

There was a loud smack! followed by a whinny "ow!" but Kagami didn't bother looking to see what happened (she already had a strong guess). She had completely forgotten about Naruto's failed exam and being reminded after talking about teams served as a harsh reality. Though she supposed it was better she was reminded now instead of walking into the classroom and not seeing him amongst the graduated students.

"Eat up, kids,"Kyoko's voice spoke softly. "You don't want to be late. And Kagami, I have something to give you."

"Yes, mom!" the triplets responded.

After finishing breakfast, and Kagami being given two bento boxes instead of one, the Kanemitsu triplets began to start their walk towards the academy, but a surprise stood before them at the front door of their compound.

"Hinata?" Kagami and Kyouya called out in shock.

There stood the shy, older Huuyga. Her poster bent, head gazed to the ground and fiddling with her fingers. Upon hearing her name, she looked up to see her best friend and her crush standing with surprised expressions.

"H-Hi," she waved shyly.

Kyoko peeked out to see what's got her children held up and brightened when she saw Hinata. "Oh, Hinata sweetie! How are you?"

"I-I'm good Ms Kanemitsu," Hinata said.

"That's wonderful. Thank you for walking with them," said Kyoko. "Alright children, keep going, you don't want to be late."

"Yes, mom."

The walk to the academy was not a quiet one. Nothing too loud, just calm chatter amongst the four. Though, while walking Kagami couldn't stop thinking about Naruto. She wondered if he suffered any consequences because of what happened last night and while it wasn't entirely his fault, knowing the hatred the village, even the ninjas, had for him she wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to indict a harsh punishment. Kagami hoped the Hokage was fair on him if a punishment was to be made. If there was no punishment, then she wondered if he was at home sulking, or tried to put up a brave front and go to school.