Episode One: Graduation

🍥

"Y-You...you don't hate me?"

"No. You didn't give me a reason to."

A sigh escaped her lips for what felt like the hundredth time. Pale blue eyes scanned the classroom, the small podium at the front empty for the man behind it went to get someone important. Meanwhile his students used this time to either chat or take a nap. For Kagami, it was just to lay back and wait for her teacher, Iruka, to come back.

"What did he do this time?" said a boy next to her. His blond hair contrasts nicely to his dark skin. Pale blue eyes of similar shade to Kagami's were partly hidden by his hair, but he could still see. He leaned back in his seat, arms crossed and brows pinched in annoyance.

"A stupid prank, what else?" replied another boy on the other side of her lazily. The same description applied to him, only his hair was white in colour.

Kagami slumped in her seat, moving past the white haired boy to gaze outside. It was a bright sunny day, the sun casting down on the village nicely. She parted a lock of her blonde hair that she styled in a loop which was obstructing too much of her right eye.

"He defaced the Hokage statues," she said.

That comment got both boys to jolt in shock. Meanwhile she remained blank in her expression.

"Seriously? It's bad enough he would paint a whole neighbourhood, now he went and disrespected an important monument?" the blonde haired boy shook his head in disapproval.

"Do you always have to sound like a middle aged man, Kyouya?" chuckled the other male.

"Shut up, Akimitsu," snapped Kyouya. "At least I don't sound like I'll fall asleep at any second."

"Both of you shut up, Iruka-sensei is here." Kagami shushed after sensing two familiar chakras.

They and the rest of the class sensed it too, prompting them all to quiet down as the door slammed open. Iruka stood tall and angry, throwing the boy he had carried over his shoulder onto the wooden floor, in front of the class. Said boy who's bright, spiky blond hair and equally bright orange clothing was tied by a rope.

"Listen up, Naruto. You failed the last graduation exam and the one before that," said Iruka. "This is no time to be fooling off, you fool!"

Naruto simply turned away and scoffed, ticking off an already angry Iruka.

"Today we'll do a retest on the Transformation Jutsu!" Iruka exclaimed, pointing to the class. "Even those who already passed will take it!" Everyone in class groaned in disbelief.

With no other choice, everyone lined up, waiting for their name to be called so they could perform it. Again. Kagami stood next to a girl with light blonde hair tied in a ponytail, her face one of the only ones to not express annoyance at Naruto's consequence dragging everyone with him.

The first one to go was a pink haired student, Sakura Haruno, who performed the Jutsu with ease, transforming into their teacher then reverting back once Iruka accepted.

"I did it!" she squealed, swiftly turning to the next person after her. "Sasuke-kun, did you see that?"

Sasuke didn't give her any acknowledgement, simply stepping forward as soon as his name was called. Like Sakura, he transformed into Iruka, which surprised the man, but passed him nonetheless.

"Next: Uzumaki Naruto," called Iruka.

"Man, this is such a drag," grumbled Shikamaru.

"It's all your fault, too," said Ino.