Chapter 1

Ten Years Later

"Dran dran dran !!!"
My alarm clock rang, i got out of bed and headed for the bathroom, i took a shower, brushed my teeth, dressed up and got ready for school, i went downstairs, everyone was at the dining table, breakfast was ready.
"Good morning " i greeted them
"MJ, so glad you decided to sit with us for breakfast this morning" Anna my foster mom said with a wide smile on her face.
I was adopted nine years ago by a really awesome family, they found me under the subway crying my eyes out and they took me home, they had only one son Shawn, he turns 19 next year, Anna and Fred treated me like their very own daughter but even though they gave me all i ever wanted and needed, i just couldnt open up to them, something always felt wrong any time our conversations got too personal, it always felt as though i was betraying my real parents.

" i didnt say i was going to eat breakfast here " i said holding my tray of food
" yeah you did " Shawn said getting up, he drawed out a chair for me then he took my tray of food and placed it on the table, then he forced me to sit.
"MJ, please, we are family, you dont have to hide from us anymore, Sean would be going back to college, after the holidays, it would be really lonely if you dont even sit with us for meals when he isnt here " Fred said
" ill sit with you guys for meals " i said not looking up from my plate 
" Ok then " Anna said, a little too excited, we ate our breakfast in silence, once i was done i grabbed my backpack and headed for the door.
" ill drive you " Shawn said grabbing his keys and coming after me, i nodded slowly and followed him out of the house. We got into his car and we drove in silence, he turned up the volume of the radio and the heater.
" you make my parents really happy, you know " he started
I kept mute
" That day,when they found you, you know ......  Crying under the subway, i was a bit pissed that they brought home some stray kid..... But you were different, so quiet " he laughed a bit, then he continued " you've been through alot, i know that, but i just want you to know that were here for you.... Always " he stopped the car and i noticed we were at my schools gate.
I grabbed my backpack from the back seat and opened the door.
" thanks for the ride Shawn " i said, not looking at him
" MJ, you don't have to thank me, were family, its my duty"
He said shoving his shaggy bangs out of his eyes and giving me an awkward smile.
" bye! " he said waving
I waved back and walked into the school.
   It was the last day before the break, everyone i walked past was either screaming their lungs out or shouting goodbyes, im ganna miss you. Well i didn't have any friends so, there was no one to bid goodbye.

Classes were torture as always. I felt as though it was all misplaced.
" this is definitely not home " i said to my self on my way out of school.
I arrived back at the house a bit early, Anna was home and she had some friends over, i walked right in and headed for the stairs but as i had predicted, Anna called me back.
" MJ, say hello,come on come " she said getting up and walking to where i was standing, she took me by the hand and gently guided me back into the living room and forced me to sit next to her.
" Jeannine, lucas this is MJ" Anna said introducing me.
Jeanniene, a woman in her mid forties sat on the sofa next to me, she had long blonde hair and brown eyes, she smiled at me, i just nodded .
Lucas was a guy about my age, he had curly brown hair and brown eyes, he was handsome, he flashed me a set of perfectly white teeth, then he stretched out his hand for an handshake, i took his hand and i felt the spark, i withdrew my hand immediately and lucas looked at me awkwardly.
"Excuse me " i said getting up to leave

" Lucas would be staying with us for the holidays, so I was thinking you could show him around, his mom Jeannine has some business in Seoul, so he would be staying with us till she's back " Anna said stopping me from leaving
" now ?" I said feeling my heart racing faster
" yeah, you busy?" Lucas said getting up and walking towards me
" yes im busy, how about you settle down and maybe later ill show you around " i said not waiting for a reply, i ran to my room,and shut the door behind me.

" i cant let this happen " i told myself as i stared at my reflection in the mirror, my blonde hair was pulled into a ponytail and my green eyes had a brighter glow than before.

A knock came on my door, Anna let herself into my room, she sat on my bed and stared at me.
" whats wrong dear?, you look stressed "
I shook my head
" Lucas is a nice guy, it would be great if you two could be friends" Anna was a really sweet woman, she was kind, loving, caring and understanding, she always showed me a mothers love but i try to keep my distance from her alot because i would only hurt her, just like i have hurt everyone in the past, i hate to think about it but i have to, things don't just go away like that, As i grew older, i began to understand why those men that killed dad were after me.
" i don't want to have friends, i would only hurt them " i said staring at the hardwood floor.
" that's not true my dear, please listen too me, Lucas is a really nice guy, i just want you guys to be friends, please you're too quiet and lonely, everyone needs a friend" she placed a hand on my shoulder, i sighed deeply.
She brushed a few strands of hair off my face and smiled sweetly at me.
" you're a pretty girl MJ "
" my dad used to say that" i said forcing a smile on my face " he called me his princess and never scolded me even when i was wrong, he loved me more than anyone or anything in this world, but some happiness just don't last forever " i blinked back a few tears, i felt Anna's hand on my knee.
'' you know you never really told me what happened to your parents, nows a perfect time to share that story" Anna said , i knew someday i would have to tell Anna the truth, but that day was not today, i could tell her basic things but not those things, those things that daddy didn't even know i knew about, i was a child but my mind wasn't. It didn't make sense till i grew older, then i started to understand;  why those men were after us that day, why i was stabbed, why i was separated from mom and peter and why daddy told me to find home.
" i understand if you don't want to talk about it, ill just leave " Anna said getting up
I held her hand and stopped her from leaving
" ill tell you what happened"