𝟙

------------------------

Five years had passed since the pivotal moment in Sebastian's life, a period that saw him reborn under a new name, Elias. The person who had become his guardian and mentor was Ayana, a woman possessing the dual roles of healer and witch. In this new chapter of his life, Elias discovered startling revelations about himself and the world he now inhabited.

Firstly, he learned that he had been transported to the past, a realization that both bewildered and fascinated him. Secondly, Elias discovered that he possessed magic This was a revelation he stumbled upon when, during a moment of frustration, he inadvertently used his powers to send a toy flying across the room.

Elias gradually understood that he was now part of a world akin to that of "The Vampire Diaries," a realization that dawned on him after a significant event in his life. When he was three years old, Ayana, his guardian and mentor, relocated them to a safer area she referred to as "the new world," which promised fewer dangers and diseases. It was in this new setting that Elias encountered Finn and Freya Mikaelson.

His bond with Finn grew stronger following a tragic turn of events - the untimely death of Freya due to disease. Elias knew that Freya was bargained off, but he could do nothing when he found out they had already set up a funeral for Freya.

This loss profoundly impacted a young Finn, who, in his grief, found solace in Elias's company. The two formed an inseparable bond, with Finn seeking constant companionship in Elias, who, in turn, vowed never to leave Finn to face his sorrows alone.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰

When not in Finn's company, Elias devoted much of his time to learning from Ayana, his mother figure. She taught him the fundamentals of magic, imparting knowledge about basic spells and the properties of various herbs. Curious and eager to expand his abilities, Elias once questioned her, "Mother, why don't you teach me the more complicated spells like you do with Esther?"

Ayana, with a tender smile, lifted Elias into her arms and gently explained, "Esther is an adult, and the spells I teach her are potent and complex. You're still young, and those spells could be dangerous for you. I want to ensure you learn magic safely and at a pace that's right for your age." Her words were filled with care and wisdom,

Ayana placed Elias gently down and retrieved a candle, setting it before him. "Okay, now do as we have practiced. Use your magic to light the candle on fire, and only the candle. Concentrate and repeat the spell," she instructed with a calm, encouraging tone.

Elias focused intently on the candle, drawing upon the lessons he had learned. He reached inward, seeking the wellspring of his magic. When he felt the familiar surge of energy, he channeled it towards the task at hand and confidently uttered, "Phasmatos Incedia." To his delight, the candle flickered to life, its flame dancing gently.

His eyes sparkled with joy and achievement. "Did you see that, Mommy? I did it!" he exclaimed, his voice brimming with excitement and pride. Elias's successful attempt was not just about lighting a candle;

"You did well, son," Ayana praised, her eyes reflecting her pride. "Now, let's try a few more spells. After that, we'll move on to learning about herbs." Elias's enthusiasm soared at the mention of new spells, but it visibly waned when Ayana brought up the topic of herbs.

"Do I have to learn about herbs?" he asked, a hint of reluctance in his voice. Ayana laughed gently, understanding his hesitation but firm in her conviction. "Yes, you do. Every proficient witch should be knowledgeable about herbs and their uses. Besides, when I step down as the village healer, you'll be the one to take my place."

Elias sighed, recognizing the importance of what Ayana was saying. Despite his initial reluctance, he knew that understanding herbs was a crucial aspect of his magical education. It wasn't just about the spells and incantations; being a witch also meant being attuned to the natural world and its remedies.

Ayana began introducing Elias to the vast world of herbalism, teaching him about different plants, their properties, and how they could be used in healing. Elias soon found himself engrossed in this new knowledge. He learned to identify various herbs, understanding how each could be applied to soothe ailments or enhance other magical workings.

—------------

Finn approached Elias with curiosity in his eyes, observing him carefully plucking herbs from the ground. "What are you doing?" he inquired.

Elias glanced up, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. "Mother needs more herbs, so she asked me to gather them. How about you help me out? The sooner we finish, the quicker we can get to playing," he suggested, his smile turning cheeky at the prospect of their upcoming playtime.

Finn's face lit up at the idea, and he eagerly joined in, helping Elias collect the herbs. Together, they worked efficiently, the basket steadily filling up with a variety of plants.

Once they had delivered the herbs to Ayana, she gave him a potion to give to Esther.

Elias and Finn headed towards Finn's house. As they walked, Elias struck up a conversation about Finn's family. "Your younger brother was born recently, wasn't he?" he asked, recalling hearing some news about it.

Finn's face brightened with a proud smile as he replied, "Yeah, Mother just had Elijah."

As they continued their walk, Finn shared more about his newborn brother. "He's so small and makes these funny little noises," he described with a mix of amusement and affection. Elias listened intently, his curiosity piqued by Finn's description of the latest addition to the Mikaelson family.

When Elias and Finn reached the Mikaelson residence, they were met by Mikael, a formidable presence with a commanding stature. Mikael scrutinized Elias briefly before allowing the boys to pass.

They entered a room where Esther appeared tired but resilient, sitting up to greet them. Finn gently assisted her in drinking the potion, his actions tender and caring.

Elias's gaze wandered around the room, curious to glimpse the newborn, Elijah. Then, a soft cooing sound drew his attention. He looked towards Esther's side, and there, nestled close to her, was baby Elijah. Elias bent down for a closer look, his face softening at the sight of the tiny, cooing infant.

As Elias leaned closer to get a better look at baby Elijah, Esther observed him with a hint of playfulness in her voice, "Careful now, Elias. Don't let his charm fool you." 

--------------------- 

How old is Elena Gilbert when she and Stefan Salvatore first meet? 

VOTE, COMMENT, FOLLOW