Chapter Six: Love

Asher Adair
About nine years ago

"What..." I watched Cameron walk toward me with a cake in his hands, and one candle lit. "Are you doing, Sunflower?"

"It's your birthday, and I'll be damned if I miss it." He set the cake on my desk, and then put the notebook on top of my laptop. "You said you didn't really celebrate anymore. I know we can't go out, and that's fine. I don't much care for it. But I wanted to bring something to you."

No one, and I meant no one, could destroy the happiness I felt in my heart right now. Two weeks of dating. Two weeks of spending every available second together, and even seconds that shouldn't be available. He'd slept over more than once. I couldn't get enough of him.

He stood between my legs with his arms crossed, and I grabbed his waist to pull him closer. He gasped and put his hands on my shoulders to stabilize himself. "You are literally one in several billion, Cameron Windsor. You didn't have to do that."

"No, but I wanted to. You shouldn't be on your own during your birthday. I will bring you a cake every single year."

I arched a brow. "Planning to be there for all of my birthdays?"

"Well, I mean," He lowered his head, and I always lost my breath when he moved this close. "At least until you're thirty. I will not miss the opportunity to call you Grandpa. But I'd like to hope we're not dating for no reason. It's not my style."

"Mine either."

I reached up and grabbed his neck, pulling his lips to mine. I groaned softly into his mouth, chasing more of his sweet taste. I would never get enough of him, and based on the way he climbed on top of me, and straddle my lap—I wasn't alone in that feeling. I kissed him this morning. I kissed him this afternoon. But I still didn't have my fill.

He, somehow, became everything I never knew I needed. In two weeks, he took over my life. My being. He sat on my dorm floor, eating ramen with me on Wednesday's for the past three Wednesdays because he was just happy to spend time with me. We studied. We went to the rooftop to exchange letters. To make out like we were now.

After our second date, things became a little too heated—to a point neither of us wanted to stop. That was when he started staying over with me. It wasn't only about sex, but he loved being held. I found that he enjoyed having his hair played with, and struggled falling asleep. But on the nights he was with me, he was asleep in minutes when I was beside him. My fingers would run through his hair, and continue even after he passed out.

We were, in the eye of society, moving way too fast. But it was our relationship, so we set the pace.

I devoured him, and he whined. He wanted more. I wanted more but we could wait. We had to wait a little bit. I wanted to talk to him. See his eyes light up when he spoke about something that excited him.

Reluctantly, I pulled away, and he pressed his forehead to mine. "Can I stay tonight? Cade has been staying with Carter. I was with them today before I came here. I want to spend your birthday with you."

"Of course." My hands ran up and down his legs. "I'd never say no to you."

I felt his smile even though I couldn't see it. "That might come in handy one day."

"Maybe." I pulled away, and opened my eyes as he did. "What would you like to do?"

"Rooftop."

Cameron didn't need to say more. I grabbed the notebook and my laptop, and he collected the cake before we carefully escaped to the rooftop of my dorm building. We spent almost every night up here so far. Even if he wasn't staying over—this was where we spent our time.

Defamed: Book Three (bxb) ✔️ On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara