Chapter 10: First enemy

Sima Yan smiled at Wei Ying as they walked down a path. The shops were arranged in rows, and the streets were bustling with people.

  A young man in light purple robes stood in front of a weaponry shop, and kept screaming at the shop keeper.

  "Ying, can we go over there?" Sima Yan asked.

  Without a second thought Wei Ying walked to the shop, and stood beside the screaming man.

  "Dear guests, what shall I offer you?" The shop keeper asked completely ignoring the man's presence.

  "How dare you? I'm the sixth prince of Tianyang empire. You can't ignore me," the man screamed.

  Tianyang empire was the empire ruling Jinxing continent. There were eight princes in total, and three princesses.

   "You shouldn't make a fuss here like a young six year old girl throwing a tantrum because her mom didn't buy her dumplings," Sima Yan snorted coldly.

  "And who are you?" The man asked.

"I think that question should be directed to you," Sima Yan retorted.

  Wei Ying watched as both of them hassled and quarrelled like baby squirrels.

  He had a little chit chat with the shopkeeper who informed him about the registration to Pearl academy.

An academy based on the four arts.
Alchemy, martial arts, inscription, and talisman.

  The school was located at the central of the continent. It was also recruiting the next month.

  After acquiring the information, he dragged Sima Yan away.
"You shouldn't have taken me away. I was gonna give that fool a piece of my mind."

  Sima Yan said as they reached an inn. Wei Ying glanced lightly at him, and entered the inn. After booking a room, they both went in.

  "So, what are you planning to do?" Sima Yan asked as he fiddled with the belt on his robes.

  "You're gonna apply for Pearl academy," Wei Ying answered lightly.

  "What.... about you?"

"I can't join. I'm a ghost cultivator," Wei Ying answered without looking at Sima Yan.

  "Oh, so it's me again?"

"Yes."

"If I go, what will you do?"

"If I'm bored.....maybe I can watch your back."

"Oh, my, you're the best. I'll become a sword god, so you will not be disappointed in me, but I'd really love you to be with me."

  Wei Ying smiled slightly, and buried himself in books while Sima Yan started cultivating.

  Time flew by, and all was good. The day came, and Wei Ying, Sima Yan and other monks gathered around the gate of Pearl academy.

  They were many sections where students gathered. The students who went for alchemy stood in one section, and they were not so much.

  Not many people go for alchemy. It's believed that alchemy's the most difficult.

Sima Yan walked towards the martial arts section,and man they were so much. The place was overcrowded.

After registering one needed to take a test before one can become an official student of Pearl academy.

  "Didn't expect to see you here," an angry voice rang behind Sima Yan. He turned around to find the sixth prince.

"Oh, it's you.... again," Sima Yan sighed.

  Being a prince he was arrogant, and ignorant. He just couldn't see his own opponent, and he uses his so called sixth prince 'position' to bully others.

  "You called the sixth prince little? I'll show you the stuff I'm made of," the prince came charging at Sima Yan.

  Sima Yan dodged the prince's attacks. Though the prince,and Sima Yan are in the same elementary stage of Aubade spirit realm.

  As the prince was about to punch Sima Yan, his body suddenly froze, and blood disappeared from his face he fell to the floor. His face was ugly, and he glared at Sima Yan.

  Sima Yan blinked, and gave him an innocent look. Everyone saw he didn't make a move, so no one suspected him.

  Some people came, and carried the prince away.
"You're gonna regret it, you freak. The whole empire's gonna come after you. You don't know who you killed."

  "Did he die?" Sima Yan blinked.