[9]

Bandhu jann kripya vote k sitaaare pr click kare or apne punya bhaav comment section mai viyakt kare 🤌

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll be waiting for you both." I left the house early in the morning for school after preparing in my all-white uniform. My cap and head boy sash were already at school; I just had to put them on.

The entire school was adorned with tricolour flowers and balloons. I hurried to Vijay sir to mark my attendance.
"Collect your sash and cap from my office and give the other set to Milan. She is in the infirmary." I nodded and gathered the necessary items.

After knocking twice on the infirmary door, I received a soft response in my favorite tone of voice.
"Come in." I opened the door, walking inside. She stood there with her back facing me, then turned to face me, blessing my eyes with an enchanting view. My gaze fixated on her, refusing to wander anywhere else.

She wore an off-white saree with a wide border of red and golden lines, her hair tied in a low bun. Her hands gracefully caressed the folds of the saree, lips tinted in light red, and cheeks with a hint of red hue, meeting my eyes.

She looked no less than an angel sent from heaven.
Feeling the uneasiness due to my silence, she arched her brows at me.

"Kya hua? Achi nahi lag rahi mai? Aap kuch bol hi nahi re."

"No, there's nothing like that." I shook my head nervously, struggling to find words to describe her stunning appearance.

"Then, tell me how I look?" Anticipation built in her eyes, as if my thoughts about her meant the world.

"Main kaise batau tumhe, tum khud se zyada khubsoorat lag rahi ho."

My ears and cheeks burned as the unexpected compliment slipped from my tongue. Her amber eyes brightened, and her face lit up.

Time seemed to pause as we got lost in each other's eyes. Her momentarily blushing and my wide grin created a moment that felt like the first and the best time.

"Give." Confusion wrinkled my forehead.

"The sash." She extended her hand, and I handed it to her, slowly coming out of my trance to wear mine. She quickly finished with the sash and cap while my focus betrayed me, as usual.

"Let me help." She walked toward me, and though I shook my head, she insisted. Slowly she took the safety pin from my hand and her fingers sending the familar shiver down my spine. This feeling had made home inside me now, no matter how many time this may happen, it always feels like the first time and the best time.

Standing too close, her hands encircled my waist as she straightened the sash. Settling well on my chest, she secured it with the safety pin. Just when I thought she was done, she took the cap from my hand and tiptoed to reach my height.

She was tall comparative to other girls in the class, but I had to bow to make it easy for her. Securing the cap on my head, she lightly caressed the red feather and giggled. Stepping back, her hand gently caressed my chest, making my breath hitch.

She stepped back, letting me take a complete look at her. I wondered why she wore a saree.

"Traditionals were needed for the lamp lighting ceremony; Subha ma'am asked me to wear a saree, so Vijay sir didn't object." I marveled at her ability to understand without me saying anything.

"Oh, okay. So, let's practice the speech once?" She nodded, and we walked out of the infirmary to the stage. We practiced twice, and it was already time for the guests to arrive.