Internship

Peter POV

After getting into the car with Aunt May, she mentioned that she could pick up some breakfast on the way to school.

" Sorry, May, I'm already super late; I'll grab something at school," I mumbled.

 I fidgeted in my seat, watching the city buildings go past with the sound of the morning traffic. I need to go out as Spiderman after my internship; it has been a while since I've been out. I miss the feeling.

May pulls the car up outside of Midtown School as the bell rings. I quickly rushed out the door and headed straight to class, but not before Aunt May yelled, " Have a good day, Petey! Don't forget, straight to Stark's Tower after school!"

I waved her off, rushing through the front doors. As I stumbled into the classroom last, I saw my best friends Ned and Mj talking to each other with their backs to the door. Quietly, I sit next to Ned and jump my arms around his shoulders to scare him.

"Wha-- PETER!"

Ned jumped out of his chair and gave me a comforting bear hug.

" I missed you too, man!" Patting his back.

"Dude! How are you feeling! Are you okay? " Ned whispered and yelled as class started to begin. "I'm doing a lot better. I just hope Flash will leave me alone now. On the bright side, I got the internship at SI, and it's in Mr Stark's lab!!" I whisper back.

" WHAT NO WAY!!" Ned yelled

"Anything to share with the class boys?" Mrs Dodds glared.

" Sorry, ma'am", we both spoke and continued our work silently.

During the class, I couldn't help but think about the Spiderman suit I had stashed in my backpack. I was itching to put it on and swing through the city, but I had to wait until after my internship.

Finally, the bell rang, and I rushed out of the classroom, meeting with Ned and MJ in the hallway.

"So, what's the plan after school?" MJ asked, adjusting her backpack straps.

"I have my internship at Stark's Tower," I said, trying to hide my excitement.

After some small talk over lunch, I see Flash glaring at me out of the corner of my eye. We had a Homeroom last period, and I feel it won't be great. Pushing and shoving to get a seat, Flash sits directly behind me. Starting his usual stuff. Throwing paper at my head and shaking my chair. I tried to ignore him, but he was making it complicated. I could feel my anger rising but knew I had to keep cool. I concentrated on the work homework from other classes. Soon, time started to fly, and the bell sounded through the school.

As soon as the bell rang, I rushed away into the crowded hallway, only to be hit with a sudden spidey sense. But I couldn't stop what was going to happen. Flash stuck his foot out and sent me flying face-first into the ground, smacking my nose. He bent down and pulled my head up to face him. "Better watch out, Parker; no one messes with Flash and gets away with it," he sneered before walking away.