8| NO BIGGIE WITH THE CLOSENESS RIGHT?

MIA

After the movie ended, I couldn't help but gush about how amazing it was. Miles was just as enthusiastic, his eyes shining with excitement. It was heartwarming to see him being his usual adorable self.

True to his word, Jackson drove me back home. Luckily, it was still early, and Mom wouldn't be back until six, giving me enough time to persuade Miles and Maddy to keep bhfefgggvg at least convince them to do their share of the dishes.

Siblings, I tell you.

"Here we are, milady," Jackson teased, parking his car beside the garage of my house.

"Thank you, kind sir," I responded, mimicking his playful tone. "You're still dropping me and Maddy off tomorrow, right?" I bit my lip, hoping he would agree. Truth be told, I loved the scent of his car, and even though I tried to act relaxed, my heart was racing just being with him in this cozy space.

"Nope," he replied, shattering my hopes.

"Why?" I asked, my voice tinged with disappointment.

"Because..." he leaned closer, our faces almost touching. "It's Saturday, fat cheeks," he whispered, pinching my cheeks and breaking whatever spell he had cast with his wn eyes.

"You still remember that," I said, removing his hands from my cheeks and pouting. "How could I forget? You were so adorable with those cheeks, and now they're gone," he tried to touch them again, but I swatted his hands away.

"First of all, it's called puberty," I retorted, rolling my eyes at his comment. "You outgrow certain features," I explained. He smirked in response.

"And secondly, I'm still adorable."

"No, Maddy is adorable," he teased, his eyes twinkling mischievously.

"How dare you?" I fake gasped. "You need to take that back."

"Why would I?" He continued to smirk.

"Just take it back," I insisted.

"No," he said, his smirk widening.

"Then goodbye," I playfully scoffed, opening the car door. "Come on, I was joking—" he began to protest, but I didn't let him finish as I shut the door and started walking toward my house, hearing faint noises coming from inside.

My steps came to an abrupt halt as someone grabbed my arm and spun me around. The sudden motion made my head spin for a moment before I recognized who it was. "Jackson?" I gasped, feeling a rush of warmth spread through my body as his hand lingered on my arm. "Who knew you could walk so fast?" he teased, causing me to roll my eyes.

"Why are you here? I thought you left," I tilted my head, awaiting an explanation. He looked at me, still speechless for a moment, before releasing my arm and cupping my cheeks with both hands. My eyes widened, and my stomach fluttered.

Is... is he trying to kiss me?!

"I'm not taking back what I said about you not being adorable," he declared, a smile playing on his lips as he locked his gaze with mine. It didn't matter that we were outside, with nosy neighbors nearby. In that moment, nothing else mattered.

"Okay..." I murmured, clutching my bag tightly, trying to maintain composure and see where this was going.

"You're not adorable, but yeppuda," he continued, his voice gentle,

"Huh? I'm what?" Did he just insult me in his language?

He chuckled softly. "Yeppuda means..." His eyes sparkled mischievously as he leaned closer. Panic gripped me, the air around us felt charged, and the sounds of passing cars seemed to fade away.