Back Again

After a more relaxing day than you anticipated, you had to make your way to work. The drive there was dreadful. You couldn't stop imagining Henry with every turn and change in the road before you, it was all like a fever dream.
The night sky glimmered with stars, another full moon. It soothed you a bit but you still felt yourself growing more uneasy the closer you came, more sweaty and anxious, your heartrate pounding with fear and your mind jumping to horrific thoughts you couldn't erase.

Then you pulled into the lot of Freddy's, your eyes stuck on the steering wheel whilst you sat in a parking spot completely out of it and unprepared.
Youre way early. Even after you tried to pass time and pretend you didnt exist, you were still fucking early.
You looked down and grabbed your phone off the passenger seat, glancing at it nervously. If only Springtrap could text.. You could really use his comfort. But alas, hes a robot and his massive thumbs wouldn't be able to use such a tiny device, nor would they be able to be as precise about it as a human could be. You sighed in disappointment and adjusted your hair back, rubbing your cheek. Eyes wandered up and took in the colorful sight of the Freddy's logo, it's building large and depressingly calling your name. You didn't wanna go in.

Knock knock.

A suddenly gentle pound came to your side and you jumped, looking over at a figure outside. You swallowed and rolled down the window, eyes shaking as they scanned the body.
It wasnt Henry. Thank God.

"Y/N? Youre so early. " You sighed, staring at one of the dayshift workers. Lewis was closing today it seemed.

"Yeah... Not feeling it though. " You muttered.

"Do any nightshift workers 'feel it'? Come on, go inside, sitting in your car is creepy. " Lewis's english voice was so obnoxious, not like William's. You instantly felt a wave of sadness eat you. You missed that big bunny so much. "Y/N, come on, I'll make you coffee. "

"Mkay." You huffed, parking the vehicle after holding your foot on the break for so long, shutting it down and listening to the engine die as you slid out of the the metal mobile box. You hummed as Lewis patted you on the back in a friendly way, guiding you inside.

You and Lewis made your way behind the stage, a not so official employees break room. It was more for putting on the suits and escaping the kids. You looked at the big silly mascot suits while Lewis yapped about work and the kids and how Henry didn't show up as he put together a pot of coffee for you, fiddling around with the instruments to do so. Your eyes locked on the Toy Bonny mascot suit. You felt... Curious.

"Y/N? Hey, wakey wakey you got work. "

"Sorry I.. What did you say? " Lewis groaned, rolling his sparkly green eyes.

"Well I was mentioning how me and John were getting engaged but... "

"What?? Thats amazing news! " Lewis bit his lip, your smile quickly fading. "... Youre lying aren't you. "

"How did you not hear a word I said? Girl I can't with you, get your shit together. " You grumbled, a headache forming already. "Look, since you didn't pay attention, I just wanna let y'know Henry didn't show up today. " You frowned. He did say that, didn't he? Why didn't you notice? Why didn't he show up either?

"You know why? "

"No, I barely know the guy. I just work for him. " You frowned, thinking of the friendship you have, or had, with your sweet aging boss. He doesn't deserve to be so discarded like this. "But yeah, he didn't come in and I told him I wanted to talk about getting paid more because I seriously hate kids, y'know? " You nodded, kind of understanding, but not really. "I think he's avoiding that, what a cheap guy. "
Cheap? Henry put every penny he had into this restaurant. Why must he be so insensitive?
You scoffed and Lewis shut his trap, seeming to hold in the urge to roll his eyes.
"Alright, well have a good night Y/N, I won't bother you anymore. " Lewis huffed as he scratched his nape and went for the exit, leaving you alone in this so-called lounge. You hummed as you stared at the coffee pot, still brewing your drink with a loud buzz and trinkle. You ran your eyes along the beige countertop, looking at the stains of drunks and such burned into the wood.

At least Lewis was kind enough to make you coffee, youll need it to survive tonight.
But it does feel weird not talking to Henry. Where'd he go? Was he embarrassed by the coffee date or maybe it was the other night? Honestly he's been acting up lately so it could be anything, but what?
Youre worried, an awful gut feeling nibbling at your throat.

You waited till Lewis shut the place up before you grabbed your cup of steaming life juice and made your rounds. The building is so colorful, but you can see the rust and distain this building has gained over it's years. Though the toy animatronics at least look lively and shiny, as they should, as you liked. You picked up some trash here and there and then shut down the power to the place, as instructed since day one by Henry. After, you wandered down to your desk in the lonely unsealed office, littered with a sense of depression that cuddled you the moment you sat down. After getting set up and adjusting yourself to throw on a mask all night, you began staring into the void of your camera systems, listening to the building run its automatic maintenance and flush it's pipes.

Time seemed to roll by so slow, your headache gone but your curiosity growing.
Tonight the robots seem... Active.
First Chica, then Freddy, then Chica, then Bonnie, then Freddy, then Chica, and there were points where all three would be pestering you. You were growing disgusted of the mask. Heavy nights like tonight usually exhaust you, but you were on your toes and any moment you had peace, the disturbing arrangement of abrupt sounds that echoed around you haunted you, keeping you more alert. You're never this jumpy or anxious.. Whats wrong with you? You used to be so calm...

However, around four you had the space to yourself. Not a sound peeped from any corner or hall or vent, not a mouse lurking nearby. It was heaven.

You enjoyed this peace by slumping down in your chair and pulling out your cellphone, checking social media and admittedly staring at your most recent texts with Henry.
Nothing new.
Maybe Lewis was onto something.. Is Henry avoiding you?
You could definitely imagine why... But you did try to help, it was Springtrap who pushed him out.

But what if Springtrap is right? What if you should just stay away from Henry? He knows him better after all.

You sat up, eyes fluttering to a new sound. You were alert, ready.
It happened again, a loud tick that you recognized. Your veins flooded cold and you stood, yanking the handy flashlight from your desk and taking a long uncomfortable breath before trekking into the darkness of Freddy's long, large, trippy hallways.
Your feet dragged and your eyes jerked around every corner, fingers tightly squeezing the flashlight. This feels familiar to when you found Springy... But he's not here.

You're alone, right?

The sound called again, another tick. Louder now. You nibbled at the inside of your cheek, biting off your own flesh in anxiety whilst you stepped into the game room. It was filled with games and indoor rides, balloons the dayshift blew up that morning, posters, and other childish figures. You crept around it all, avoiding anything you could bump into and set off. You wouldn't wanna get caught out of your office, not again.

Then you stood before what called you there. The music box. You made sure to wind it like you always do before going to your desk.. Why is it ticking? It should be ready for tomorrow, all set, so why?
Curiosity loomed over your shoulders and you let out a whispered 'huh' as you reached over. Your fingers grazed against the fabric surfaced box, it's size bigger than you yet short by only two and a half feet. You ran your hand across the lid and dropped below it's lip, looking at the handle to wind it up.

Though it's cute, you wished Henry chose a more efficient way to prepare this animatronic for showing.

But alas, the box was already winded.

Your eyes shot wide when it ticked again, this time the lid popped. You jumped back, your heart in your chest. This has never happened before.. Ever. What the hell?

You peered inside, getting close, trying not to be afraid. You're used to this.. To this horror and this tiresome job. Theres no need to be afraid.
Oh.

Hands squeezed the torch snug, a chill scratching your flesh as it ran down your spine. Your feet felt heavy now, standing there with your back turned away from the large open space. You suddenly felt really nauseous.

The puppet was gone.