Chapter 7: Recovery

Tilda awoke, blinking away the remaining traces of unconsciousness. She was alive? The ceiling was stony and rays of sunshine illuminated the room. The room she laid in had a single bed and a small table with remedies. Where was she? More importantly...

"Where is Cossaria?" she mumbled.

The last thing she remembered was that Cosaria was being attacked by monsters and Tilda had heroically sacrificed herself.

Didn't I die? Tilda thought. Tilda could have sworn that she had died. And where was Cosaria?

She swung her feet over the side of the bed and slowly raised into a sitting position. She was alive. Her side felt sore, but it ached nothing more than that. Her head felt the most off, and the room seemed to spin. Where was Cossaria? The thought was becoming an obsession occupying her mind. She limped her way to the entrance of the room.

At the doorway she saw an open servant commons with round tables. Sitting at the closest table sat Felux, the Arquix Knight Commander, and a figure dressed in a long black robe; doctor's garb.

Felux stood up. He asked, "How're you feelin?"

The doctor said, "You should be lying down."

Tilda waved them away as she leaned against the doorframe. She said, "I'm fine. Where's Cosaria? How is she?"

Felux answered, "She's resting."

As Tilda began taking a few steps forward, Felux moved towards her.

"Can I see her? What happened?" Tilda asked.

Tilda stumbled and Felux caught her.

Now the doctor stood up and said, "You are in no condition-!"

"I need to see Cosaria."

Felux gathered Tilda in his arms and said, "Yer needin to rest."

Tilda tried to struggle as Felux carried her back into the room. She said, "But Cosa- I have to make sure she's safe." Tilda was so weak that fighting against Felux's brute strength was useless.

Felux put Tilda back in the bed as the doctor appeared in the doorway.

The doctor said, "You need to get feeling batter."

Felux pulled the covers over Tilda but she resisted.

She said, "What happened? Am I alive?"

Felux sat himself down on the bed next to Tilda.

"Aye, yer alive," he said, "You were attacked and hurt badly."

Tilda probed, "And Cosaria?"

Felux said, "She's safe. You saved her. You were bleeding out when she awoke divine powers that she used to save yer life. The effort exhausted her and she passed out."

"Is she doing okay? She has a weak constitution."

Felux answered, "She hasn't woken yet."

Tilda squirmed to sit up. She said, "I have to see her."

Felux gently pushed Tilda back into a lying down position.

"Stay down," he said.

The doctor commented, "Quite spirited. Rest for now, if you're feeling well enough by this evening maybe I'll allow it. I'll go get your medicine. Sir Felux, will you make sure she doesn't move?"

Felux smiled with a thumbs up, Tilda pouted, and the doctor left.

Tilda held air in her cheeks so they would puff out in the most pouty face she could muster. She looked down as she thought, I hope Cosaria is okay.