Chapter 5- Date??

Here is a timely update as promised!! Enjoy Reading !!

Three days later

Viraj POV

This time it was Arshad and Aayansh. It had been all over the news and everyone in school were talking about it. I hadn't gone to the school for the past two days. I would say I was too nervous or scared... I don't know, to go to the same school without three of my best friends missing wasn't any better than the most horrible nightmare of mine coming true. It was only a matter of fact before Daiwik and Rehaan went missing as well. Anvi and I are also in danger probably. Daiwik, Rehaan and Anvi had tried to contact me a lot, but I didn't answer their calls nor reply to them to their texts and my billionaire parents were too busy making more money to even ask me why I wasn't going to school, forget about how much all theses things were affecting me. The only things they cared about was money and to an extent about each other. It was almost like I wasn't involved in their lives at all. I had to go to school tomorrow so I decided to ask my friends for notes like a selfish person, given I hadn't reciprocated to their attempts of contacting me. Instead of directly texting anyone of them I just put a message on the group. It was five in the evening so they would have been home by now unless they decided on going somewhere. It hadn't even been 5 minutes since I kept my phone aside and my phone pinged with notifications. I thought they bombard me with questions, but they just sent me the notes, which was quite comforting because it meant they knew I wasn't in the mood to discuss my feelings right now. I replied with a "Thankyou". I sat down to complete my notes as I had lots, given I was a twelfth grader, moreover we were in December which meant my bords were also nearing, not like I wasn't prepared but still it was nearing and it did make me anxious. Like I will literally be writing an exam on my birthday. It was 5:30 when I started writing and finished and 8:00 in the night. I hadn't touched my phone the whole time so I checked it now only to find three notifications from Anvi. "Hey ullu, I am at your gate. Come out. I have something planned for us." Her message read and I had two missed calls. Aur phone ko silent par rakh gadhe. I saw the time the message was sent at - 7:45, so I made her wait for more than 15 minutes. I tidied my appearance and rushed out only to find Anvi still waiting for me. One thing good for me was that my parents weren't home most of the time so I could do whatever I wanted. "Hey, sorry to make you wait for so long." I spoke. "It is fine you saw my message like 5 minutes back, so you technically made me wait only for five minutes." We both laughed. This is exactly what I loved so much about her she was so easy going and understanding and this right that she imposed on me like 'we are going, I have planned something for us, or suddenly dropping by'. "So, what has madam planned for us tonight?" I asked. "Ice- Cream by the lake." "Sounds great" I said. There was a lake within walkable distance from our house. We used to hang out a lot over there even as children. There was an ice-cream shop right on the banks of the lake as well. It was a silent 15 minutes' walk up to the lake, but it was very comforting for me, Anvi's presence was comforting for me. Once we reached, we sat on one of the benches near the lake, the lighting was dim enough to look romantic, but enough for things to still be visible. "We turned in the project today." Anvi said. "Oh, what all did I miss?" I asked. "Nothing Much" Anvi said.

Avantika POV

I knew Viraj was deeply hurt by recent events, and I also knew he voluntarily won't pour it out him being him. Even I was hurt by the things happening as I knew somewhere I was the reason for it, but one of us had to be strong to support the other. Hence, I decided to bring him out and talk to him if he found it comforting or I could sit with hi there all night as well if that's what he found comforting. As I knew his parents weren't home and so were mine. Throughout our walk here I could feel something was off about Viraj and I have a feeling that it is not about his friends, but I didn't ask him anything yet as I wanted hm to get comfortable first. "What's wrong Viraj? I can sense something more than... the recent events is hurting you. You can talk it out." "How do you understand me so well Anvi? Even my parents don't understand me this much." The moment he said that I knew he was hurting about his parents. "Is it related to your parents? What happened Viraj?" "I sometimes feel like a guest in their lives Anvi. You people at least bothered to contact me Anvi, but they didn't even care to ask me why I wasn't going to school, forget asking me if I was hurting." I could relate to him when it came to parents and probably all our friends could. But I was hurting way more than him seeing him this vulnerable but I was happy he was at least sharing it with me. How I wish I could just shield him away from the world. People desired to live our so-called "Perfect" lives and billionaire lives, but we knew how lucky they were to have a normal family for real an getting to spend quality time with them, unlike our hollow relationships. "Viraj, I know you're hurting, and that you have always longed for a functional relationship with your parents... which you've not really got over the time, but trust me our lives are not any better. Even our relationships are as hollow as yours. My parents call me meri jaan, sweet cake and what not, but they're in town maximum for four days a month and even I those four days we barely talk. They also don't mind leaving me al alone in such a huge house with a dozen of workers. That's how hollow our lives are Viraj. We should, rather we need to find happiness in whatever in we have rather than sulking on what we want but we're not getting." I said all this trying to give Viraj a glimpse of my perspective on life. "Then I should be happy you're my friend instead of sulking on what I want, but I don't have." Viraj winked at me. I could feel millions of butterflies in my stomach as I tried to process what he just said. "What!?" I asked completely amuse. "Nothing, let's get ice-cream." He was chuckling and I was happy that he was in a better mood now. "Okay, it's on me." I said and we rushed to the shop it was about 9:15 right now. I got a Belgian chocolate chip cone for myself. "Bubble-gum with Black currant for you right?" I asked Viraj. It was my time to remember his favourite. "Yes, you remember?" "How could I forget?" this time I winked at him. I was very fond of teasing him.  I think the last time we had ice-cream here together was on his birthday - Feb 7th, I guess. Wait, his birthday is nearing, though we have an exam I still need to plan something for him. We were walking back home with our ice-creams in our hands. My house was a five-minute walk from Viraj's house. "Good night, Viraj." He hugged me, it was very unexpected, but I hugged him back. "What happened Viraj?" I asked him caressing his back without breaking the hug. "Thanks for being there Avantika." "It's fine Viraj. He broke the hug. "Good night Anvi." Boom!! We heard something like an explosion.

Hi, this is your author AK. I hope you liked the chapter and are looking forward towards what the coming chapters bring you way. I have just one request from you guys, please do not re-post scenes from this book without my permission as this is purely my imagination and the credits and rights on this book are mine. Please leave a vote if you liked the chapter and want quicker updates. New chapters will come on Tuesdays and Fridays. Till next time. XOXO