Chapter 3- The Revelation

Viraj POV-

I didn't really want to leave Avantika and go, but that was the only thing right at that moment. I know dev is in danger, and I know it is because of me. I may look like a very cold person but I am not a heartless person. I have emotions and I do feel bad for dev being in an untoward situation because of me. This had happened the last time I had gotten close to Anvi as well. Last time I was a complete jerk to actually let her go, but this time I am not repeating my mistake at any cost. I need to tell Anvi about my past and how it is currently repeating itself right now. This time I will take any risk for her, but it has to be her decision as well, if she wants to take the risk or not. Also, I love her very much and I don't want to leave her stranded again, but her happiness matters to me the most. I don't even know if she likes me back. Hence, it is purely her choice if she wants me to be in her life considering the risks it has. I can't really do anything to fine Dev's whereabouts. Though the last time this happened I was nine years, being fifteen right now also makes me fell nothing but helplessness. I am not really sure if I should rush into telling Anvi just yet or not. I think I'll just tell her, because I have to tell her anyway. I decided to tell her the next day as we did not have any free period today and the recess was already over. 

           x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

Next Morning

I texted Anvi to come to school early as I told her I wanted to share something important with her. I was waiting for her in the indoor games room. "hey". Anvi had come.

Avantika POV-

Viraj had texted me to come to school early, earlier this morning. He said he wanted to talk about something important. I didn't give it much of a thought before I replied with on "okay".

"Hey" I found him near the indoor games room. His back was facing me. He turned back and said "Hi" "what did you want t o talk about?" I asked directly cutting to the chase. "Dev's disappearance, it was because of me." "What?! How? WHY? Bro like seriously, what?" I was so shocked; I was blabbering shit. "Calm down, calm down Anvi, listen to me" I took a few deep breaths. "Sorry sorry, please explain Viraj. How are you responsible for dev's disappearance, I mean what can you possibly do?" "Being friends with you again." What?!! Did I just hear him right? I can't believe this. How did him being friends with me again affect Dev. I am so confused. "Wait, I'll explain. Remember eight years back on this very day I had stopped talking to you without any explanation. On the very same day my close friend of that time Sam had gone missing." "Are you talking about Sam Joseph Marco?" I asked. "Right. So, the day he went missing I received an anonymous video." Shit! It had to be a very bad memory. Viraj was crying, he is not a person who shows emotions so him crying was a big deal. I was feeling so helpless in that moment. I didn't know what to do. "It was a video of Sam being tortured. His body... it probably had more than hundred cuts. He was begging for death. We were just in fourth grade Anvi, and some monsters decided to do this. He didn't deserve this... he didn't." Viraj was crying very badly by now. "You didn't tell you parents?" I asked not pretty sure if I should have, but I asked anyway. "I told them and they just told me to do whatever the anonymous person wanted me to do." "And what was that?" "Whoever that person was, they wanted me to ignore you completely. They said if I don't listen to you then it would be either you or me next in line. I was too terrified as a nine-year-old to disobey.  That wasn't all. I did try to rebel against my Parents and they did this...." Viraj started to unbutton his shirt which did make me nervous but I wanted to know everything he hid away from me all these years. OMG!! What I saw broke me completely and I regretted everyday in the past that I killed the thought of talking to him. "WHAT. IS. THIS. AND.HOW.DID.YOUR.PARENTS.DO.THIS.TO.YOU?" I was barely able to talk. I Can't even imagine what he had gone through. "When I tried to rebel against them ... the fire wood... of the fire place..." He couldn't talk anymore. He fell to his knees crying and I just sat beside him and hugged him. I wanted him to cry all his pain out.

                 x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

We were both in each other's arms crying for so long we didn't even realize the time it was. 15 minutes before our friends came in for project work. I slowly freed myself from Viraj's clutch. "It is almost time" I said weakly. I stood up to get him some water. "Avantika" I turned back. "After all this that I have told you, you know your life is in danger and so are others. Do you still want to be my friend?" is he seriously asking me that!! "Get up ullu" He stood up and I hugged him. "Is this my last hug?" his voice breaking. Without breaking the hug, I replied "In your dreams. I have always wished good for people, but this time I am being selfish for myself. I don't care about my life or anyone else's. I want to make most of the eight years with you that were taken away from me. I want to be your friend Viraj. Regardless of the risks. "Are you sure?" "200%" I got him some water and then we headed towards the library where we were supposed to wait for our friends. 

Hi, this is your author AK. I hope you liked the chapter and are looking forward towards what the coming chapters bring you way. I have just one request from you guys, please do not re-post scenes from this book without my permission as this is purely my imagination and the credits and rights on this book are mine. New chapters will come only on Tuesday or Friday now onwards. There will be one update per week .

Please leave a vote if you liked the chapter and want quicker updates. Till next time. XOXO